Main Menu

Anyone watching Barrett Jackson?

Started by Cuda Cody, January 18, 2017, 06:53:38 PM

Previous topic Next topic

71GranCoupe

Guess I should have sent my 1982 GMC with 600,000 miles to the auction block.  :looney:

303 Mopar

303 Mopar

Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 19, 2017, 04:01:17 PM
That T/A was about right for what it was.  I would have guessed a little higher, but even on the quick shots on the TV you could see a lot of things that would need a little work. :alan2cents:

What are some of the things that it needed? I don't think it was numbers matching drivetrain. And the seat belts were hanging down when Christy was showing it, but I didn't see anything major wrong. Although she is distracting.

Cuda Cody

From the couple seconds they showed the dark lit engine bay I could see that it had holes all over the firewall, painted blower motor (should be zinc plated), non T/A valve covers, parts store hoses, non painted by pass, local auto parts store battery, non painted intake and things like that.  Doesn't get me wrong, there's nothing necessarily bad about those parts, it's just if you want to get top dollar at the biggest auction it would need to have more attention to details and correct parts. 

Quote from: 303 Mopar on January 19, 2017, 08:34:08 PM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 19, 2017, 04:01:17 PM
That T/A was about right for what it was.  I would have guessed a little higher, but even on the quick shots on the TV you could see a lot of things that would need a little work. :alan2cents:

What are some of the things that it needed? I don't think it was numbers matching drivetrain. And the seat belts were hanging down when Christy was showing it, but I didn't see anything major wrong. Although she is distracting.

HP_Cuda

WTH is up with the root beer colored 1969 D200, that's crazy prices like setting records

Seems most cars are bringing in less money than before, most of the old vettes used to bring in 75-85k now they are in the 50's.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Cuda Cody

A guy over on our Facebook page that is down there said he's never seen this many Mopars and E-Bodies at BJ.  It will be fun to watch tonight and see what happens this weekend.  I've got my beer and chips ready.   :popcorn:

anlauto

Who has a link to the current lot list ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

HP_Cuda

Here ya go Alan, just click on the day you want to see:

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Docket/Scottsdale-2017/Collector-Cars/6f804f02-1c09-4409-b85e-8fc5765d72d1/01-20-2017/01-20-2017

Couple of Challengers coming up and one is a vert, a FJ5 Cuda is also coming up.

HP_Cuda

Holy moley, there are a bunch.

Well for one thing we will know where prices sit after this auction is done.

:popcorn:

Brads70

Ah get ready for the season for $45,000  project cars with trees growing up thru the roof!  :rubeyes:

blown motor

It will be interesting to see how BJ prices compare to what was sold at Mecum last weekend.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

303 Mopar

Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 19, 2017, 09:56:10 PM
From the couple seconds they showed the dark lit engine bay I could see that it had holes all over the firewall, painted blower motor (should be zinc plated), non T/A valve covers, parts store hoses, non painted by pass, local auto parts store battery, non painted intake and things like that.  Doesn't get me wrong, there's nothing necessarily bad about those parts, it's just if you want to get top dollar at the biggest auction it would need to have more attention to details and correct parts. 

Dang, the kid is good.   :popcorn:

Shoooter

A good friend was there last year and he couldn't belive what cars were selling for. A demon /6 with a 340 got 38k and it looked bad a 20ft. Mopars were running the show last year. Looks like it might have changed

HP_Cuda

70 Charger made to look like a 68 went for 95k I think.

It's really interesting to see the delta between the purist prices and the mod prices.