Main Menu

Bought a new place

Started by Cuda Cody, October 18, 2019, 11:49:20 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

With the new little one only a few months away my wife and I have been reminiscing about our childhood and getting to spent time at our friends cabin on a river.  So many great memories and wonderful summers we spent together at their cabin.  We decided to buy a place on a river and build a cabin.  The property we bought has a home that needs a bit of work, but we could not be more happy with the 5 acres and the river we chose.  We're going to add a 2nd home (cabin) on the 5 acres.  We can not wait to spend lots of time with our new little guy at this new property.   :woohoo:  Mowing 5 acres takes a lot longer than I thought it would!  :Thud:

In the last photo I took of my wife, I zoomed in to see the quality of the photo (right after taking it) and noticed something in the background of the photo.  I looked up to see there were 3 deer standing on our property watching us.  lol  I think they were thinking, "who the heck is on OUR property".  :D

Our property is on one the best steelhead and salmon fishing rivers in the Northwest and since one of the best fishing holes is right in front of our acreage the neighbor just upriver from us has 2 live camera that show the river in front of our place.  He moves the cameras around during the day to watch the fisherman so sometimes it's just shows the shoreline and other times it shows our whole property.  Next summer there's a good chance you'll see me and my family on these cameras enjoying our new property.  :D

http://cowlitzriverlive.com/

After we bought the property and just getting to know the neighbors when the neighbor with the cameras tells me there's 4 cougars in front of our place and that he has the live cameras on them... I check in on his camera and see he was not joking!  :unbelievable: 

CudaMoparRay

Congratulations to you three.  :twothumbsup:
Incredible property just beautiful.
Enjoy it in good health and happiness.  :bigthumb:

tman

That is really awesome.  Enjoy and CONGRATS!

WCC

Wow that is just awesome. Congrats!!

Our little one loves the farm and if you can I think there are few places better to raise a child.  :twothumbsup:

6bblgt

WOW, looks like a beautiful place ..... if you want to mow less grass, plant more trees  :D  congratulations!!

soundcontrol

Congrats Cody! Super nice property, I live by a river also, one of the most popular in Sweden for salmon fishing.

anlauto

So this will be a second home (vacation) home ? How long of a drive from your current residence ? Looks beautiful.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JS29

:takealook: Nice kitty's, Seeing that would make me want to keep my pistol handy! And i am not referring to the shifter.  :alan2cents:

captcolour

Looks awesome!  Any problems with flooding on that river?

blown motor

Beautiful place guys. Congratulations. Some of our kids best memories are from camping trips and playing in lakes and rivers.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

torredcuda

Awesome place! We had a camp on a lake when we were kids and loved going up there to water ski, swim, canoe, ride dirt bikes and just have fun being kids.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

1ownr

Great property just waiting to have memories built there. Blessings to you, Jeni and your little one soon to arrive.

judy

Cuda Cody

It's about 1 hour from our current home.  We have a lot of work to do to the new place before we decide where we'll be long term.  We love our current home and we love the new place so maybe we can swing keeping them both.  :fingerscrossed:

Quote from: anlauto on October 19, 2019, 04:33:34 AM
So this will be a second home (vacation) home ? How long of a drive from your current residence ? Looks beautiful.

Cuda Cody

We can build nearly right up on the river and not even in the flood zone.  :lookatthat:  Because of where it's located on that river it's one of the very few properties that has low bank access and not in a flood zone.  The 24+ acres across the river is in the flood zone so we'll never have to look at neighbors.   :veryexcited:  I was totally surprised when I researched the FEMA flood maps.

Quote from: captcolour on October 19, 2019, 06:13:55 AM
Looks awesome!  Any problems with flooding on that river?

Cuda Cody

You are the research king!  You found our place in that satellite view.  :clapping:

Quote from: 6bblgt on October 19, 2019, 01:57:10 AM
WOW, looks like a beautiful place ..... if you want to mow less grass, plant more trees  :D  congratulations!!