Main Menu

Chicagoland Mopar Connection Belvedere show pictures

Started by JH27N0B, July 19, 2021, 06:33:34 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JH27N0B

Great show this year.  Record turnout Saturday and maybe Sunday was too.
I went out to vend Saturday and got there late, only sold one item, a flip top gas cap.
As luck would have it, when I got home I fired up my '71 and took it to a local cruise.  I stopped for gas on the way home so I'd be ready to drive it the show the next morning and noticed the cap I sold was nicer than the one on my car. Dohhh!
Saw a few members at the show Sunday.  The '71 did just fine on the 120 mile round trip, though neither me or the car enjoyed going down the tollway at 60 mph doing 4000 rpm! I cringed doing 60 with all the traffic doing 70-80, and the car heated up a bit after a while. Not overheating, but still running a bit hot.  I took back roads part of the way home and that was easier on us both!
Topped off on the way home, and my back of the napkin calcs indicated impressive mpg which jibes with what I've found in past trips I've made with this car.  14-15 mpg out of this beast!  A 440 running on just the center carb and with 4.10 gears is just loafing at 60 mph I guess!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/111914442@N04/albums/72157719564490394/page1

anlauto

Always great pictures Brad, thanks for posting them for all of us to see  :twothumbsup: :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cudamadd

Matt13

Lots of Magnums! But that Marlin has to be one of the most ungainly fastbacks ever designed...

nsmall

RzeroB

Thanks Brad!! See you slipped a few pics of your own '71 Challenger in there too!!  :bigthumb:

Anyone else like those '66-'67 Chargers ... or is it just me?? Those and the '71-'72 RR's and GTX's are probably my favorite B-bodies. Maybe I like them so much because they have the long hood, short rear-deck like an E-body??  :notsure:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Skdmark

Was there on Sunday with my two daughters. Good show as always.
Was fun to watch the parade of 70 Chrysler convertibles roll in together.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

cuda hunter

That black aar is sweet!  I can almost make out the tx9 on the tag.

The other car that I really liked is the fe5 ralley red cuda with the white and red interior.  That is one difficult combination to find. I wonder if the tag detail shows that the car was originally red and white interior.

Thanks for posting!! 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

JH27N0B

Quote from: cuda hunter on July 22, 2021, 06:24:53 AM
That black aar is sweet!  I can almost make out the tx9 on the tag.

The other car that I really liked is the fe5 ralley red cuda with the white and red interior.  That is one difficult combination to find. I wonder if the tag detail shows that the car was originally red and white interior.

Thanks for posting!!
I didn't go over the black AAR in detail, but I believe it is a just completed OEM restoration, and Bob Ashton mentioned it is registered to appear at MCACN this November.
The red H code cuda was recently purchased by a long time active member of the Chicagoland Mopar Connection, "Mopar Mark".  I chatted with with him and we spoke  briefly about his new purchase at the show, but didn't ask him about the interior.  Being an AC car, which is pretty darn rare on a 4 speed, it had a AC hose covering most of the fender tag, so although I glanced at it, mostly I could just see the VIN and D21 on it, but not the codes above, and of course I wasn't going to touch the AC line to try to shift it far enough in to read more codes!
He lives in the far NW suburbs so I don't see him too often other than a couple shows so I am not sure when I will see Mark and his cuda next, but I will certainly ask more about the interior when I next do!

cuda hunter

Thanks!  Always interested in the odd ball rare options.  Awesome car!

Makes sense about the AAR.  That kind of coin would be spent on a real tx9 tx9 White  car!  Super cool!
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

Quote from: TX9AAR on July 22, 2021, 08:28:26 AM
The black AAR is mine, it's not quite finished but close enough to take out and show.  We took it to Mopar's in the Park earlier and it's next outing will most likely be MCACN.

Do you have any pictures of the car on the forum?  Or a build thread? 
  Awesome car!!

anlauto

Quote from: TX9AAR on July 22, 2021, 08:28:26 AM
The black AAR is mine, it's not quite finished but close enough to take out and show.  We took it to Mopar's in the Park earlier and it's next outing will most likely be MCACN.
Beautiful car  :drooling:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

That is unfortunate, everything on CC.com is gone.  Picture wise anyway. 

Edit:  There are still some pictures left on the thread.  With photobucket over the pics.

http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=99905.0
I remember the thread now. 

dodj

Thanks for the pics Brad! :twothumbsup:

I guess I'm in the minority, but I'd like more people to display their car with the hood closed. Makes for nicer car pics IMO.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill