Main Menu

Gut feeling on Taiwanese made panels…

Started by 7E-Bodies, August 01, 2022, 02:44:51 PM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

I'll take the crazy tinfoil hat award, but if I needed body panels or any parts made in Taiwan, I'd be getting everything now even if I had to get a loan. Just a hunch.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

ragtopdodge

China plans to shootdown Pelosi if she visits taiwan.

A-hole commies trying to tell us who can go where.

It will be WW3 if the above were to happen.

I Wouldn't worry so much about Taiwan crap.  EVERYTHING will go to chit if we go to war w/China.

HP_Cuda

I think it's time we start telling China that they are playing with fire.  :yes:

Building a sinking island in the South China sea should have come with some serious consequences.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Filthy Filbert

I mean... I'd be ok if they shot down Pelosi....  :haha:

I'm kidding.  Politics aside, regardless what side of isle you're on, shooting down a US politician is a sure way to start a war; and if that happens, we will have a lot more to worry about than reproduction parts to classic cars.   

7E-Bodies

My take is that China is probably going to hit Taiwan. That has been coming for a long time.

cuda hunter

remember that during wwII there was nothing being made that didn't have something to do with the war.

Our women were making planes out of any and all metal that could be used.  Thank the Lord YWHY for those women. 

That is what is coming.   So, unfortunately our old cars will be put on pause while we kick some chinese ass.  Then, when we are "rebuilding" china we can have them producing more ebody stuff for us.   
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

MKA

If we learned anything from Ukraine, it's get the arms in now.  Give Taiwan its best shot up front

And for American Companies, you do business with a corrupt China government at your shareholders risk.  Every company in China is partially owned by the Chinese government by law.  It's why they are so corrupt.   You can pay more now or lose everything later.  Ask every company that lost their shit in Russia.   

An economic war is always cheaper than a hot war.    We should be doubling Tariffs, not easing up.   You don't like prices now?  Wait for the shooting to start, prices will be unimaginable.  So will the dead.  China is not ready now.  Given another 10 years of preparations while we fight amongst ourselves and who knows. 

cuda hunter

I hope were all wrong and everything works out great. 
We become friends and trade evenly.  That would be awesome! 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

torredcuda

China will never play fair as they are like Russia and have the need to conquer the world, not in the literal sense as in war but as in power. They will invade Taiwan at some point but most experts I`ve heard say that is a little ways off yet - let`s hope it doesn`t escalate into something more when they do. I do need `70 road runner panels but they are currently on back order so hopefully I can get them before the crap hits the fan.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

Fastmark

China is not our friend and never will be. All they want is money to take over the world. They'll steal from us then use our money to build bombs. China has billions of people to waste on a war. These later American generations will never fight a war. The are too spoiled.

Mopsquad

China is also so heavily invested in the US and owns a substantial amount of property.  I wouldn't take too much effort to pass a law that would forfeit ALL Chinese owned land and property to the USA overnight.  That would severely scare all those high profile influential Chinese millionaires.  They ultimately know that they shouldn't piss us off too much.

7E-Bodies

Executive Order 13818 provides for exactly that and more.

jimynick

You've got to give the predatory bastards some credit though. They force old Wong to make cheaper widgets and sell them to the rest of the world until their own widget making potential is kaput; and THEN watch to see where the price of said widgets goes! The free world is paying for their own extermination. Wake up, car parts be damned!!   :verymad:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

captcolour

Quote from: torredcuda on August 03, 2022, 04:39:57 AM
'70 road runner panels but they are currently on back order so hopefully I can get them before the crap hits the fan.

'69 panels came in early June so picked up fenders from Stephens at Carlisle.

DeathProofCuda

Interesting that AMD quarter panels prices for Plymouth E-Bodies are now up over 60% since last year ($649/side) while 70 Challenger quarter panels are still listed at $400 each.