It ain't over...just the beginning.

NHL
Soccor
XFL
MLB

Car shows.    :o

Brads70

Quote from: 700 AKN on February 28, 2020, 10:38:12 PM
I found this link a few days ago.  You can see how the virus has been progressing world wide.
Not a pretty picture, but hopefully soon things will level off and start to dissipate.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html?fbclid=IwAR01Lm5LZXKA0lgxdn9tw8r9Ic8Mw7Xxpubu05c79K84M764al7Yi8417EQ#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Great link, thanks!  I tried looking at it today and it's not working? Maybe it has the virus too?  :D Maybe it's overloaded and can't keep up?

The wife was Really jonesing for another Cruise, so I broke down and agreed and  we have been looking at options for a few months now. ( Gotta keep Momma happy!) I'm thinking either wait a few months and see how this pans out of take advantage of some sure to come super deals! LOL  We were not planning on going till maybe November of next year.

With all the people and their "herd mentality" buying up all the toilet paper ::)  I talked with the wife and today I bought a pile of groceries enough to do us 2-3 weeks, canned goods etc stuff that won't go bad. Just in case.... stuff we will use anyhow when this blows over.
On a positive note I hear our Prime Minister and the NDP leader is now in quarantine as he was "exposed"  Fingers crossed!  :fingerscrossed: maybe karma will bite! 
This better be all blown over by Carlisle!

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Now, there will be racing without fans....................Atlanta and Homestead to start with..!!!!!!!

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2020/03/12/nascar-statement-atlanta-homestead-race-schedules/

anlauto

They just CLOSED ALL Ontario schools for three weeks starting tomorrow ! :o
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

Quote from: Brads70 on March 12, 2020, 11:47:22 AM

The wife was Really jonesing for another Cruise, so I broke down and agreed and  we have been looking at options for a few months now. ( Gotta keep Momma happy!) I'm thinking either wait a few months and see how this pans out of take advantage of some sure to come super deals! LOL  We were not planning on going till maybe November of next year.

We have ours booked already for later this year....still on the fence about what to do  :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

jimynick

I think W.H.O. spelled it wrong. It's more PANICDEMIC than PANDEMIC.  So far, there's been one (1) elderly (80's and previously ill) man die of Covid in Canada and in 2018 there were 8,511 Canadians die of influenza. Does anyone remember them closing schools, cancelling sports events etc., etc. over that? Me neither. I'm not trying to poo-poo the whole thing, but come on, where's the logic here? The sky is falling, the sky is falling!  :looney:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Cudajason

Quote from: jimynick on March 12, 2020, 07:14:29 PM
I think W.H.O. spelled it wrong. It's more PANICDEMIC than PANDEMIC.  So far, there's been one (1) elderly (80's and previously ill) man die of Covid in Canada and in 2018 there were 8,511 Canadians die of influenza. Does anyone remember them closing schools, cancelling sports events etc., etc. over that? Me neither. I'm not trying to poo-poo the whole thing, but come on, where's the logic here? The sky is falling, the sky is falling!  :looney:

Now I am the farthest thing from a germaphobe there is....I usually don't get too fussed about these things, but I read an article today that put this whole crazy thing into perspective for me.  I think I know get it and understand that concern.  While I do not think there is a need to panic, I do think we need to be concerned, not for me, I am young and healthy, but for those that are not.

Its long, but worth a read.

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

7212Mopar

All schools in my county will close after tomorrow, likely till after spring break. The freeway traffics are fairly light this week. Tomorrow I got a meeting in one of the county hospital, not exactly the place I want to be but work is work.

Genentech announced they will be starting delivery of their C19 test kits from their New Jersey plant. About 800k kits every week. Not sure how many will be shipped overseas. Lots of hard working people are putting out their best to face this challenge head on.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

JS29

Swine flu, 1000+ deaths in  :unitedstates: Nothing shut down.  :alan2cents:

Brads70

Herd mentality is setting in around here...... grocery stores are getting stripped bare, hilarious that toilet paper was the first thing to sell out.  ::)

:idea:  maybe toilet paper and ammunition will be the new currency!  :haha:

Topcat

Quote from: Brads70 on March 12, 2020, 11:47:22 AM
Quote from: 700 AKN on February 28, 2020, 10:38:12 PM
I found this link a few days ago.  You can see how the virus has been progressing world wide.
Not a pretty picture, but hopefully soon things will level off and start to dissipate.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html?fbclid=IwAR01Lm5LZXKA0lgxdn9tw8r9Ic8Mw7Xxpubu05c79K84M764al7Yi8417EQ#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

:fingerscrossed: maybe karma will bite! 
This better be all blown over by Carlisle!

Wow! Look! No cases in India.
1 Billion people.
It must not like Curry?   :rofl:

HP2

Look up "flatten the corona curve" to get a look at why the upfront (over?)reaction is so important. Right now reporting may not be done nor is it complete in all areas so the number s we see may only be a portion of reality.

RUNCHARGER

Canadian scientists have now isolated the virus. Apparently that makes it easier to discover a vaccine. Perhaps it isn't quite time for the world to come to an end just yet.
Sheldon

Cudajason

Quote from: HP2 on March 13, 2020, 07:47:33 AM
Look up "flatten the corona curve" to get a look at why the upfront (over?)reaction is so important. Right now reporting may not be done nor is it complete in all areas so the number s we see may only be a portion of reality.

Bingo!!! 
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.