Main Menu

Lets Get Personal .....

Started by anlauto, January 12, 2017, 08:51:02 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Markp

Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 31, 2017, 09:36:54 AM
Great photo @Markp   You must have been soooo excited to get that Hellcat!   :clapping:

I was freaking out. The Hellcat is a forever car for me. It feels like your driving a E-body when your looking over the hood. I only put 1500kms on it this summer. I was scared to drive it anywhere. I was afraid to park it anywhere I was scared just driving it that someone would hit me.
1974 Cuda Pro Street HP?????
2000 Camaro SS 383 Stroker 550hp
2016 Challenger Hellcat 707HP

Cuda Cody

Nice photo of your family Darren.  You probably have the nicest 72 Challenger in existence right now.   :clapping: 

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ec_co

@Cuda Cody  - I lived in Portland @ the same time you started your Biz! it's where I got my start in the Tech world. I miss the PNW

@Markp - I did CNC laser machining @ '93/'94 in Portland. mostly prototype parts for Intel and Honeywell on ceramic and exotic substrates. its also why I wear glasses to this day ... should have worn better eye protection, but being young and dumb didn't think about it much.

great looking cars and families everyone  :twothumbsup:

love this thread too @anlauto
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Spikedog08

Ok I guess I will play along . . .

So my name is David and I am a MOPAR junkie . . . I love ebody's mostly!  I am 56 years old and married for almost 8 years . . . my first.   We have no children but a small dog that is like our kid. (Some or you have met him at the Mopar Nats)   I live in Michigan about 1/2 hour north of Ann Arbor and right about in the middle of Detroit and the capital of Michigan, Lansing.   I bought my first cuda in high school in 1982, my first car!  Paid $1800 for it and I still have it today.  It is a black on black 73 stroker 440 4 speed.  It was originally a 340 car and I still have that motor in the garage.  Then in 1996 I bought a cuda convertible in Jax, Florida.  Paid $7500 and drove it home to Michigan that same day with no issues.  Next day tore it to pieces and started the restoration.  Now purple with white strobe, white interior, 440 auto.

When I was about 28 or so, I was a competition slalom water skier and traveled around to complete on the water.  Now I'm old but still have my competition ski boat plus a pontoon boat and 2 - 1500cc jet skis.  I am a real estate broker here in Michigan with 3 offices and about 40 sales agents.  I have been dealing in foreclosures for the past 5 or 6 years but that is coming to an end here soon.   At one point I was watching about 350 foreclosed homes but today I have maybe 10.  Times are looking up for the real estate market!   Looking forward to having a beer with many of the members at the yearly Carlisle show in July!  Great times there . . . . pictures are below! 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

DetMatt

Nice thread, I'm in!
If it's not obvious my name is Matt, I'm 47 and have lived in the Detroit area all my life.
I've been a carpenter for 30 years or so and now specialize in custom furniture, cabinetry and architectural elements such as stair railings etc.. I work for myself and by myself in my shop in Royal Oak. These days I do just as much metal work as I do wood. Here's my website which is in desperate need of an update. http://mattmichalec.com
I'm a lifelong Mopar guy myself with a couple of B-body projects and a '67 Imperial Crowne Coupe as my fair weather daily driver in addition to the Challenger vert.
I'm now married since June to my second wife and soulmate Jeannie who has two grown kids I'm honored to call friends. I never had any of my own kids but have 8 nieces and nephews who are mostly young adults at this point. My mom and dad are hanging in there and have been married for almost 60 years! Here I am with my bride and the Imp in upstate NY.

Cuda Cody

Markp

1974 Cuda Pro Street HP?????
2000 Camaro SS 383 Stroker 550hp
2016 Challenger Hellcat 707HP

ec_co

@DetMatt  I DO remember that video! ran across it randomly or maybe it was linked from Haggerty. absolutely love that
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

blown motor

Just found this so here goes.
Murray - aged 59. Live near Mitchell, ON, Canada. Married to Linda for 36 years and we have 3 children aged 32, 31 and 30.
I grew up on a farm and I've farmed since 83. Our farm operation changed direction a little in 08 and I've had a little more free time since then. I really enjoy the operation we are running now.
In the past I golfed a bit but I never really got into it. Then I took a few guitar lessons because I thought it would be cool to be able to play but I found out I didn't have the passion for it. THEN I bought the Challenger and fell deeply in love with the car hobby.
The picture was taken last summer in Ireland on the farm that my ancestors left in 1850 when they emmigrated to Canada at the end of the famine. The river in the background is the Shannon.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Cuda Cody

This thread keeps getting better and better!!!!    :clapping:

70chall440

Ok, I am willing to play. My name is Mike, I am 56 and live in WA north of Olympia with my wife of 29 years. I am a life long Mopar enthusiast due to a ride in a 69 Roadrunner at the age of 16 in Mandan ND. I grew up in ND building Mopars and street racing them every summer. My favorite was a 74 Challenger which I installed a 440 6 pack and eventually a 4spd; had over 18K in it when I had to sell it for $1500 due to a new son and no money (1st wife).

I spent over 26 years in the US Army, 17.5 of which were in Special Operations, specifically 1st Special Forces Group. Half of that time I was stationed overseas in Okinawa Japan and deployed all over Asia serving as a sniper and sniper instructor as well many other jobs/duties. I spent my last 4 years in the Army running all of our combat training, evaluating equipment for our organization and representing my organization in many venues. I retired from the Army in 2004, but went to work for Remington Arms in 2003 and remained until 2016. During that time I developed and ran Remington Defense and then Remington Defense International.

During my time in the Army I did not have a lot of time for cars except in 83-85 while at Ft Bragg NC where I had a 70 AAR, 73 Challenger and a 70 GTX; all of which were sold when I went to Special Forces and deployed overseas. In 2000 when I returned from Okinawa the 2nd time, I knew I was going to retire and purchased a 70 Challenger RT 440 AT AC from Ben Snobar (was not a smoking deal). That propelled me back into Mopars hard and since then I have amassed a collection of sorts; 70 Challenger RT, 73 Cuda, 70 Roadrunner, 53 B3B w/56 Desoto 330 Hemi, 61 Jeep FC170, 10 PCP Challenger RT, 01 Viper GTS ACR, 01 Ram 1500, 09 Caliber, and 05 Durango. Fortunately I have 2 40x60 shops for all my toys but since living the work force do not have the disposal income to get too crazy with the waiting projects (Roadrunner and Jeep).

Lastly, I am all about the hotrods and have little interest in restored cars, I respect them and what it takes to do the work but am much more interested in restomods, G machines, etc so long as its Mopar..
Mopar or no car!!!

Cuda Cody

Thank you for your service @70chall440   :drinkingbud:  Ben Snobar really knew is Mopars and was able to make some money at it.  Hopefully you're happy you got a cool car even if it wasn't the best deal.  Ben passed away a couple months back and Tom at Rocket is taking over his business to help his family.

Spikedog08

Wow 70chall440 . . . Great story!  Very nice to meet you!  Would like to meet you in person in Carlisle at the MOPAR show if you can pull yourself away for a few days!  Very cool! 

:worship:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!