Main Menu

Lets Get Personal .....

Started by anlauto, January 12, 2017, 08:51:02 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

My life is an open book...I don't hide behind some "internet handle"....I'm posting this so maybe we can get to know one another better....maybe better understand where you're at in life to help understand your opinions on things....

So here it goes....

anlauto = alan and lynn automotive. My brother came up with that idea when he was setting me up with my very first email address about 20 years ago.....Has nothing to do with ANAL Auto..... :rofl:

Alan Gallant going on 52
Married once 16.5 years now, wife Lynn, school teacher.
One son age 14 high school Eric
One daughter 12 grade school Rachel
Live in Georgetown On. before that Burlington ON. Only ever lived in two places.

Run a automotive restoration business MOPARS only

Restoring Mopars for 32+ years
Never missed a Carlisle show since 1994

That's all for now...

Anybody else care to share ? :smile:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

This is a great thread!!!!!!  As soon as I'm back to my computer I'll share more.  But hope to learn a little more about everyone and put some faces to the users names.

ec_co

"Has nothing to do with ANAL Auto"

OMG, I just about died laughing at that. even with my wacked sense of humor I never had caught that.

I think it's a great idea Alan. some folks will be private and thats totally OK. I love the idea of getting to know some of peeps though, especially since I generally can't attend the big events where folks gather.

ec_co - I've had the same hotmail username since the mid 90's when I was into graphics design/3d modeling 'eyecandi' ... so shortened to EC ... the CO part is just Colorado.

Cole going on 46 next month
married once @ 15 years now to my wonderful wife Janine.
one daughter (27) up in Canada and one son (20) here in Colorado
currently residing just north of Denver for the last 9 years, prior to that the Pacific Northwest was (and always will be) my home - mostly the Spokane area, but spent many years in Portland and a couple in the Seattle area.

I currently work in Tech Support as the Support Team Lead for one of the largest auto dealer services companies (think Autotrader, KBB ....). The software I support wraps around all the major wholesale auto auctions across the US, which is why I can help out if you ever need (if you are a buyer for a dealer you know my software, there is nothing else like it in the industry). I don't make a lot, so progress on my project is pretty slow, but I absolutely love what I do and that means more to me than $$ sometimes. we all have our callings in life (Alans' is certainly Mopar restorations!) and mine is to help people out via support and customer service.

my e-body is a 1970 Barracuda that my dad bought in '73 and drove up until @ '87 when he parked it (nothing wrong, just wanted to drive something else) and it sat there until 2014. It took me 20 years to convince him that I wanted the Barracuda for myself as my ultimate dream car, and not to fix and flip it. if I have anything to say about it, it will remain a family heirloom to pass down to my kids.
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Cuda Cody

:drinkingbud:. Great start Alan and Cole.  Yes that Anal comment had me laughing so hard!   :rofl: great photo of your family Alan.  You have a lot to be proud of. 

Marc70challenger

I've seen a rich man beg
I've seen a good man sin
I've seen a tough man cry
I've seen a loser win
And a sad man grin
I heard an honest man lie
I've seen the good side of bad
And the downside of up
And everything between
I licked the silver spoon
Drank from the golden cup
And smoked the finest green
You know where it ends, yo, it usually depends on where you start

At 51, I finally get it.

jt4406

:)

I'll play......  Jess Tackett,  58, live in Jackson Ky (always have), married 34 years, two daughters. Retired Auto Tech instructor. Been restoring old cars (for personal use only) for 42 years. This is a pic of me, my home and my all time favorite ride........ 70 challenger, 440/6 4spd, 3.54dana, dressed up to look like K's ride.
"Yeah, it's hopped up to over 160........"

A.Gramz

Quote from: anlauto on January 12, 2017, 08:51:02 AM
ANAL Auto..... :rofl

:rofl: I'm not going to be able to look at your handle the same

Anyways

A bit about myself.  Names Adam. 31 years old.   Live on the east side of gta my whole life.  :canada: Currently out side of port perry.  Married 8 years with one daughter 4 years old.  I'm a mechanic specializing in hydraulic repair.   

Now for the car.   was searching specifically for a rotted shit box. Wasn't too picky on make just something sporty and fun.  And I didn't want to drive all over the country to get it.   Looked at a few Chevy and fords.  Then the challenger came up.  It checked all the boxes plus I always like the body lines.  The biggest thing was it wasn't a high option or in demand year.  Perfect car to learn on.  I'm a year and a half in and still on metal work. (Educations cost money that I will probally never get back but that's ok). 

I spend a lot of time reading and gathering information on the forum. I appreciate all the knowledge that is shared.   :ohyeah:

Koby

Follower of Christ.
31 in a week.
Married once for 8.5 years to my amazing wife. Love her.
2 daughters (6 and 4) and a son (almost 2). Love them.
Pharmacist, like my dad was.
2 Plum Crazy T/As that my dad used to own.

headejm

@jt4406 Love the movie Vanishing Point and love your white Challenger. Looks very fast!  :ohyeah:

anlauto

Beautiful family Koby :worship: ....I knew with all those cars you have, you must have sold drugs for a living :crazytalk: :cheers:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Cuda Cody

Really cool getting to see everyone's face and family.  Great photos and history so far.

I'll add a bit about me.  My wife and I met as young kids (10 and 12 years old) and hung out together as kids before starting to date a couple years later.  We've been together our whole life.  No kids, 2 dogs and lots of nieces and nephews (more then I can count).  My wife works the corporate grind and I'm a small business owner (www.columbiasigns.com).  My brother and I run the sign shop with a few long time employees.  My wife loves to run and has done over a dozen half marathons and did her first full marathon last year.  Like most of you, I have a passion for E-Bodies and spend my free time working on them or talking about them online.  Only been to Carlisle once, but do most of the West Coast mopar shows each year.

RUNCHARGER

I'm 60 and retired. Spent 30 years as a Train Dispatcher and Yardmaster and 10 years messing around driving truck (after 30 years in a high stress job I enjoyed no hassles driving truck). I was 13 years old when the E-bodies came out and needless to say they left a lasting impression on me.
I weld, paint, upholster, do the diffs, trans and engines in my cars. I have found I can do it twice if I have to but will get better results than paying others to work on my cars.
I like my Mopars to look original and love all original restos and really nice drivers the best.

Sheldon
Sheldon

Markp

34 years old, no wife, no kids just a 140lb Cane Corso aka Italian Mastiff. I work in my family Custom sheet metal business with my borther, father and mother. I do CNC punch programming CNC laser programming. I grew up watching my brother and dad restoring his 1970 T/A while I pretended to work on my Firebird trans am peddle car.

After a year of waiting for my Hellcat the dealer called and told me it was in I was welding and all dirty left work jumped in my truck and went to pick it up.
1974 Cuda Pro Street HP?????
2000 Camaro SS 383 Stroker 550hp
2016 Challenger Hellcat 707HP

Cuda Cody

Great photo @Markp   You must have been soooo excited to get that Hellcat!   :clapping:

anlauto

I really enjoy this thread and glad some people take the time to reply...It's so nice to put a face to the name :grouphug: :toast: