Main Menu

Mopars in movies

Started by ec_co, May 10, 2017, 05:36:27 PM

Previous topic Next topic

MOPAR MITCH

I know, the TV series with the '71 Cuda vert was also called Nash Bridges. Don Johnson (Sonny Crockett) did not drive a Cuda in Miami Vice.

JayBee -- T/Anks... Its been many years ago.. my TV watching was more active in the 80s for Miami Vice ... vs the 90s with Nash Bridges.

Rdchallenger

Not a movie but I remember a hip hop Adidas commercial a few years ago with a B7 Challenger in it.

MOPAR MITCH

Chicago PD -- TV movies series as currently on so many channels... has late model Dodge Durangos and Chargers as under-cover police cars.

Challenger in NC

The daughter was watching this when I walked in.
"Supernatural"- Season 7, ep. 7

The Charger appears in ep. 17

Chryco Psycho

In Time with Timberlake has a number of custom 70 challengers in it

Skdmark

Quote from: Challenger in NC on December 19, 2020, 08:00:35 AM
The daughter was watching this when I walked in.
"Supernatural"- Season 7, ep. 7

The Charger appears in ep. 17
There's another episode or two with them driving a '69 Road Runner.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

Topcat

Skdmark

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

davy442

Two Lane Blacktop. 

Opening scene has " Big Willie's"  Hemi Daytona drag racing, with Big Willie himself signaling the start.  Big Willie was ? founder of the Los Angelos Street racing club , and they initially would drag race on a closed portion of road in an industrial complex ?, and later would rent out a drag strip for real heads up racing.  I believe that hemi daytona was damaged, and is no longer with us.  Next car up is a '70  AAR Cuda, although it is referred to in the movie as having a hemi.  It loses to the chevy !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kclrRTgXfrY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPbqV9CgV9s&t=63s

worthywads

Spotted a 62-63 Imperial in the Pilot episode of Charlie's Angels, just a few brief shots parked beside the House the Farrah was pretending to be a hick swamp girl.

YellowThumper

Recent rerun of Rosanne.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

bentpshrods

There was a made for TV movie called HOTROD. The main guy drove a 65 Hemi coronet and was going to a drag race sponsored by Munn's root beer if I am remembering this right. It was a long time ago. His rival was the oldest kid from eight is enough (Grant ?) driving a 70 Olds cutlass. The guy (?) wrecks the coronet street racing so he finds a 41 willys to put the hemi in. This was stolen and the motor blown up. So ? steals another hemi out of a cop car --gets back in the race for the dramatic conclusion. The acting was so bad, a definite B movie, it would be fun to see again. Must of come out in the late 70's. Now I'm really dating myself.  I think Robert Culp was the main bad guy. 

worthywads

My wife decided to check out the new 2020 Hardy Boys series, she likes goofy mystery shows.  Anyway to my surprise there was a green 70 Challenger R/T parked on the street in a couple of brief scenes in the town, Bridgeport.  2nd episode it showed up briefly and more close up.  Now I'm wondering if it won't play a bigger role in other episodes, there are 13.  I'll try to pause and get a screen shot when we watch more.

davy442

Quote from: bentpshrods on January 12, 2021, 12:43:02 PM
  There was a made for TV movie called HOTROD. The main guy drove a 65 Hemi coronet and was going to a drag race sponsored by Munn's root beer if I am remembering this right. His rival was the oldest kid from eight is enough (Grant ?) driving a 70 Olds cutlass. The guy (?) wrecks the coronet street racing so he finds a 41 willys to put the hemi in. ——- Must of come out in the late 70's. Now I'm really dating myself.  I think Robert Culp was the main bad guy.

Excellent memory !!  Watched it a couple nights ago.  Yes,  the coronet is a '65.  I think the olds is a '69, very similar to '70. Yes, Culp is the bad guy.

worthywads

Here is a still of the Challenger on Hardy Boys no R/T emblem, fans of Schwinn String Rays would like this too.