Main Menu

Mopars in movies

Started by ec_co, May 10, 2017, 05:36:27 PM

Previous topic Next topic

HP2

I really dig checking out films from about 72-78 when these cars were turning from new to old and being seen as beaters. The streets were full of them as well as more run of the mill pedestrian models like Satellites, Tempests, Cutlass', Torinos, and Galaxies. Not to mention Pintos, Vegas, Opels, Colts and a host of other new for the times,  small cars.

Good street scenes can usually be found in cop movies from the era like Serpico, the Dirty Harry series, Assault on Precinct 13, original Death Wish,  Dog Day Afternoon, Taxi Driver, the French Connection....

Jay Bee

Cobra Kai. Remake of the original Karate Kid but 34 years later. Ralph Macchio, William Zabka & Martin Kove reprise their roles. Currently on Netflix.

Cuda70-74

Drive angry
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

Cuda70-74

Quote from: anlauto on October 04, 2018, 08:36:18 AM
We have a fair amount of Mopars in movies, and TV shows....Like Dukes, Bullet, VP, Christine etc....

Do the Chevy and Ford guys have the same amount ? Maybe Bullet for the Ford guys, Smokie/Bandit for GM guys.... What else ?
John wick,gone in 60 seconds,Fast and the furious Tokyo drift for starters
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

Scooter

cudamadd

One movie that comes to mind with Peter Fonda 1974. In the Dodge Charger Dirty Mary Crazy Larry  :australia:

Topcat

Jay Bee

One Way To Valhalla - main star is an AAR

Since it's the season here's a plug for The Christmas Chronicles (09 Challenger with lots of screen time)

E74cuda

Here's a couple of shots from a movie called Velvet Vampire in the 70's. A buddy of mine owns the 71 cuda convertible in it

Mopsquad

Gone in 60 Seconds, the original.  Multiple scenes showing the VIN switcheroo from wrecked auction purchase Chally to stolen Chally. 

Timmy2Tires

I was 8 years old when this came out. i was pretty upset that they would wreck these cars lol. https://youtu.be/dfvTR1HfpuQ

tparker

The late 60s early 70s tv show mannix has all sorts of mopars. It has your hotrods as well as every day chrysler, dodge, and plymouth cars. Just caught an episode a couple days ago and it was fun looking for them. Of course I'm not saying you should turn it in to a drinking game. LOL

hanksemenec

Timmy2Tires

Beverly Hillbillys had a lot of Mopars.

R/T's 4 R/P

There is a brief scene early in American Gangster where a black Challenger drives by in the background when Denzel is entering a store.

I have also seen a 71 Challenger R/T in an old Columbo episode from 1972.

Sorry, can't catch the images at this moment.
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT