Main Menu

My luck has ran out ... Covid19 has finally caught up to me.

Started by RzeroB, April 27, 2021, 10:45:57 PM

Previous topic Next topic

soundcontrol

Great! Many of my friends and family had it and for most its a few months to fully recover.
I manage to avoid it so far and I got my first shot of the Pfizer BioNTech vaccine today.

dhh

Quote from: soundcontrol on May 10, 2021, 03:31:23 PM
Great! Many of my friends and family had it and for most its a few months to fully recover.
I manage to avoid it so far and I got my first shot of the Pfizer BioNTech vaccine today.

One of my friends STILL has trouble smelling certain things months after he got covid.  :console:

1 Wild R/T

Tom, I hope your doing well enough for a little humor...

Went for a walk with my new girlfriend and we saw dogs mating.

She said: "How does the male know when the female is ready for sex?"

I replied: "He can smell she is ready . That's how nature works."

We then walked past a sheep field and the ram was mating the ewe.

Again my girlfriend asked: "How does the ram knew when the ewe is ready for sex?"

I replied: "It's nature. He can smell she is ready."

We then went past a cow-field and the bull was mating with the cow.

My girlfriend said: "This is odd. They are really going at it. Surely the bull can't smell when she is ready?"

I said: "Oh, yes; it's nature . All animals can smell when the female is ready for sex."

Anyway, after the walk, I dropped her home and kissed her goodbye.

She said: "Take care and get yourself checked out for Covid-19."

Surprised, "Why do you say that?" I asked her.

She replied: "You seem to have lost your sense of smell."

cudamadd

YellowThumper

Glad to hear you are improving. Albeit slowly.

This disease fits the ideal scenario (sarcasm) for persons who get it.
High enough of percentage only feel the mild symptoms to allow for them to retain their beliefs that everything is blown out of proportion.
While there is also enough that have seen and experienced the worst this disease can offer.
Individual rights v/s herd rights at full play here.
I remain conflicted as I primarily agree that the vast majority is nothing but completely overblown political hype.
Feeding the fears to control the masses is #1 in the playbook.

Yet at same time I personally know (knew) 4 people who have passed from it. It is not "similar to the flu" to those who died and their surrounding families.
Burying my wife's sister this Saturday. @ only 58 she should by all accounts still be with us.
Another friend was 57. Her mom was late 70s.
They both were caring for their "I have my rights and you cannot force me to comply" daughter/granddaughter.
She has to now live with burying them both...

My advise is to live your life as you see fit. Yet at same time respect others. Carriers don't know they are for up to 2 weeks.
Sorry for the rant. This is personal.

Back to point. Glad you are on the amends. I caught it Jan of 20 before everyone knew what was happening. Had symptoms similar to what you are describing. Took roughly 3 months for my breathing to become "normal".
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.