Main Menu

My luck has ran out ... Covid19 has finally caught up to me.

Started by RzeroB, April 27, 2021, 10:45:57 PM

Previous topic Next topic

amthoma

Check with your physician/clinic about monoclonal antibody therapy if you are at higher risk. Lying prone  (on your stomach) still seems to help with breathing and can't hurt.

Brads70

Get well soon! Hope its the mild version for you. If your up to it and bored we can keep you company to pass the time.  Zinc and Vitamin D seems to be the common things that people say helped..... but I'm no doctor.

Spikedog08

Hmmm no one has mentioned this . . I heard that vitamin D is something you should be taking if you get this strain of the flu . . have some friends and family that have had the virus.  My father in law is in his 70's, has multiple health issues including stage 4 cancer and had pretty much no symptoms and was told he has the virus. 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

ledphoot

I hope that anybody who gets this dreadful bug gets over it quickly and without complications. I know two people who passed due to blood clots caused by their body's reaction to this virus, both of them were in their 40's and not in terrible health....

Let me preface this with the fact that I am not a doctor and I did NOT stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

It is my understanding that the best defense to prevent contracting the Rona and to reduce the symptoms if you do catch it is to take Vitamin C & D, Zinc and Quercetin.

I take the following in the morning and at night:

500MG Vitamin C
2000iu Vitamin D3
75MG Zinc
500MG quercetin

All the best, to all of you. :)

70/6chall

Tom, I am so very sorry to hear of your positive Covid diagnosis. I hope you can weather the storm and come through it with no problems. My thoughts will be with you and your family.
I live in SoCal not far from LA so this area has been a hotbed of Covid activity. My wife and I received our second vaccination of the Moderna on Valentines Day this year. My wife received no symptoms from the second inoculation however I was wiped out the very following day with extreme flu type symptoms. We have been trying to be very cautious with leaving anywhere from home, and to my wife's dismay that goes for any contact with our Son's and our grandkids (5). We are both Seniors my wife in her late 60's and I am in my mid 70's, we still are careful in whatever we do. Remember you have people here that are concerned with your wellness.   Al

7E-Bodies

@Spikedog08 I concur. It's highly suspected that I had Covid (right before it got famous). The doctor that treated me highly suspected it due to symptoms. I refuse to allow the swabs as I don't trust them, nor the jab. It was like a bad cold and a cough that followed for two months. A few months later, my 19 year old son contracted it. He got tested before I could stop him. Positive result. He was in the house with my wife and I for the two week quarantine and neither of us contracted it. He had very minor symptoms like a light cold. Both my wife and I take vitamin D3 and Zinc. My high school buddy/best friend is a 6 way bypass recipient that had a heart attack two years ago and is diagnosed with congestive heart failure. He contracted Covid from his son and recovered fine. He got prescribed Prednisone (sp) for minor shortness of breath and a cough and was about completely healed after the second dose. @RzeroB get well soon and fear not.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

IRON MAN

Tom, I hope you get well soon and experience very few symptoms if any.  I get bulletins ~three times a week from the VA Health Care System. I have read several articles that state a majority of covid-19 victims who passed, were deficient in Vitamin D, white blood cells, and their platelet count was low.  Gotta be vigilant during these times to survive. Take all necessary precautions. 

7212Mopar

Sorry to hear that and hope you recover soon. Cases in US subsided and better care and hospital beds are available now. It should continue go down as more and more people are vaccinated and that if we can manage to keep the new strains outside our border. Can't say the same about India. Many people die daily over there with only 2% of population got the vaccine.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

GoMangoBoys

Hope you get better soon.  I want to make a comment in favor of a positive outlook.  You have not "run out of luck" yet if you are still breathing and have a heartbeat.  Keep on keepin on man!

Bullitt-

I've not had it but lost my 70 year old uncle to it last fall, he went from not feeling well one day, getting tested a couple of days later to being in ICU on a ventilator two days later never to come out of the hospital. Other than being overweight he had no extraordinary health issues.     
  My advice is don't try & be a hero, get with your physician ASAP before pneumonia sets in and get on preventative meds. 
  Best wishes for a rapid recovery..  :cheers:
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Spikedog08

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on April 28, 2021, 12:04:30 PM
@Spikedog08 I concur. It's highly suspected that I had Covid (right before it got famous). The doctor that treated me highly suspected it due to symptoms. I refuse to allow the swabs as I don't trust them, nor the jab. It was like a bad cold and a cough that followed for two months. A few months later, my 19 year old son contracted it. He got tested before I could stop him. Positive result. He was in the house with my wife and I for the two week quarantine and neither of us contracted it. He had very minor symptoms like a light cold. Both my wife and I take vitamin D3 and Zinc. My high school buddy/best friend is a 6 way bypass recipient that had a heart attack two years ago and is diagnosed with congestive heart failure. He contracted Covid from his son and recovered fine. He got prescribed Prednisone (sp) for minor shortness of breath and a cough and was about completely healed after the second dose. @RzeroB get well soon and fear not.

@7E-Bodies  I have a similar story . . I think I had it November 2019.  I had a cough from Hell . . Would wake up in the middle of the night and have to go out into the living room and cough my brains out.  Coughed so much my insides hurt . . Just never felt like I coughed anything up, dry heaves . . Was terrible.  Got better but the cough lasted about 4 or 5 months.   Went to the doctor finally and was told I have bronchitis.   I questioned that but had not heard of COVID at the time I went.  It was later I put it all together.  Never had a fever or anything other than that nasty cough . .
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

7E-Bodies

@Spikedog08 our story is pretty much identical right down to the month and year except thankfully, that horrid cough left me at almost two months exactly. Coughed so much that it plugged my ears and made my tinnitus nearly permanent. Thankfully that's now being corrected by an audiology doc that specializes in it. However, I have had a history of bronchitis since childhood and it's not all that out of the ordinary for me to develop a lasting cough after a cold. Me and that doc are betting it was covid based on onset and symptoms. Hope you're still on the mend, brother.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

oldmoparbuff

Will second this immune boost supplements cocktail.
Not a doctor and don't play one on TV.
Daily
     500MG Vitamin C
     2000iu Vitamin D3
     75MG Zinc
     500MG quercetin

Taking the above plus Melatonin.

Have heard there are some promising studies (outside the US) that include Ivermectin.
It's supposed to slow replication and shorten duration.
Check with your doctor

ledphoot

Quote from: oldmoparbuff on April 28, 2021, 03:28:19 PM

Taking the above plus Melatonin.

I have read a TON about Vitamin D / Zinc / Quercetin.. Nothing on the Melatonin yet. What's it give you other than a great night's sleep? :) Is it just to ensure you get enough Zzzz's for your immune system to recharge?

oldmoparbuff

Cleveland Clinic study found people with higher levels of melatonin were less effected by SARS-CoV-2.

It's thought to block a potential receptor site for virus proteins.