Main Menu

Neighbour took out my parked Hellcat

Started by Mopsquad, April 19, 2022, 10:08:03 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Mopsquad

5:30 am get the knock at my door from my neighbour.  Somehow, someway he drove his truck out of his driveway into my parked car 30 yards away. 

Been at the body shop for a while.  Hellcat Widebody parts are very difficult to get.

Meanwhile I'm rockin my rental car.... ::)

BIGSHCLUNK

Oh man, that just SUXAZZ ! Hope they find the parts you need. I had something like that happen years ago... but not on a car of that level

Mopsquad

Dealer has sent over 3 fenders. First 2 were the wrong ones.  Also to get Widebody parts, I had to supply proof of ownership and ID.

headejm

What's the estimate $ for that damage?

Brads70

Jay Bee

Poor Hellcat Killed In Action, at least you got Soul   :crazytalk: 
On a serious note that's brutal, hope you get it back soon and done right.

Mopsquad

Quote from: headejm on April 19, 2022, 11:04:45 AM
What's the estimate $ for that damage?

I have no idea, but I'd love to see what his insurance forked out.  The passenger side wheel was damaged too when it slammed against the curve (from the impact on the drivers side).  I do know that the bodyshop said they paid $1700 for single wheel.

Mopsquad

Quote from: Jay Bee on April 19, 2022, 12:51:56 PM
Poor Hellcat Killed In Action, at least you got Soul   :crazytalk: 
On a serious note that's brutal, hope you get it back soon and done right.

You've got a creative brain!

71vert340

Man, seeing that brought back memories from Jan 1973. I had my car parked at a friend's house while I was visiting. It was in winter at night, so dark outside in NY. Snow on ground. Neighbor kid backing out of the driveway backed right into the driver's fender pushing the fender against the tire. A knock on the door and the scared 16year old told me what happened. What could I say? I had to use a pry bar to get the fender off the tire. Wheel was slightly bent. Inner fender was knocked out about 1/8 inch. Eventually had it replaced. The first fender the dealer ordered was a 72. They couldn't find a new 70-71 fender. Found a used one and I said "no". They finally found a new one. I was without the car for a week at least. It sucks. I really feel for you. But hey, at least he owned up to it.
Terry W.

Mopsquad

Quote from: 71vert340 on April 19, 2022, 01:55:07 PM
Man, seeing that brought back memories from Jan 1973. I had my car parked at a friend's house while I was visiting. It was in winter at night, so dark outside in NY. Snow on ground. Neighbor kid backing out of the driveway backed right into the driver's fender pushing the fender against the tire. A knock on the door and the scared 16year old told me what happened. What could I say? I had to use a pry bar to get the fender off the tire. Wheel was slightly bent. Inner fender was knocked out about 1/8 inch. Eventually had it replaced. The first fender the dealer ordered was a 72. They couldn't find a new 70-71 fender. Found a used one and I said "no". They finally found a new one. I was without the car for a week at least. It sucks. I really feel for you. But hey, at least he owned up to it.
Terry W.

Yikes sorry about that!

His wife actually rang my doorbell.  He was about 10 ft behind her.  lol

Jay Bee

Quote from: Mopsquad on April 19, 2022, 03:19:15 PM
That's pretty funny.
Any idea (or pictures) of how the truck made out? Was it a "Ram"

RzeroB

Quote from: 71vert340 on April 19, 2022, 01:55:07 PM
Terry W.

Sorry to hear about your 'Cat there Mops ... I had a similar experience ... but not the same outcome. 1989, wife is waiting in the drive-up bank teller line in our '70 Challenger 340 convertible. Disgruntled bank customer walks out of the bank, crosses directly in front of my wife, gets into his Ford F150 ... and promptly backs up into the Challenger caving in the passenger side quarter-panel. WTF?! Fender or door I could replace, but the the convertible's unique quarter-panel?? In 1989 there were no repo's or NOS ones to be found. You had to find a donor or have a master metal man who could fabricate the convertible specific stuff that went on the inside of it. I was triple-D: devastated, disgusted and disheartened. At the time we were struggling with two little kids, so I stupidly sold the car along with my substantial stash of parts for it ... and bought a ... minivan.  :crying:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

dodj

Quote from: Mopsquad on April 19, 2022, 03:19:15 PM
:rofl: :rofl:
That's funny!!

Sux about your kitty though.. Hope it gets fixed to your satisfaction in a reasonable amount of time.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

YellowThumper

Wow sorry to see this.

@Jay Bee needs to find a second career comedy gig.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

soundcontrol

Damn! What a nightmare. Insurance company should also pay you for pain and suffering.  :o