Main Menu

New Challengers

Started by soundcontrol, May 31, 2019, 09:05:02 AM

Previous topic Next topic

soundcontrol

I'm in Los Angeles right now, for a few weeks. Every time I turn my head I see a new Challenger, they must have sold tons of them. Way more Challengers here than Camaros and Mustangs. Or is it an L.A thing? Just thinking, 10 years from now there will be all these used Challengers available for cheap for the new generation (or us, if wer'e not too old  :D) to have fun with and modify.

Spikedog08

I don't know the numbers on sales but I think that is everywhere . . .  :clapping:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

BFM_Cuda

Challenger beat Camaro in 2018 sales, but not Mustang. I was in Arkansas last weekend and Challengers were everywhere, but didn't see any other widebodies.

Sales numbers/article  https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1120741_dodge-challenger-outsells-camaro-in-2018-but-mustang-still-king

340challconvert

Without looking at real statistical numbers; it does seem like the new Challengers are everywhere. 
I always gravitate toward looking at new "pony cars" when I see one on the highway,

I do see Camaro's  and Mustangs, but it does feel like I see Challengers more often!
:stayinlane:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

70chall440

I would offer that at least for me, the Mustangs and Cameros while present in numbers tend to be overlooked or almost like "white noise". You notice the yellow ones quickly but the rest tend to blend into the traffic. What I am getting at is that it seems to be a color issue; many of the Challengers tend to be brighter in color and stand out, also the Challengers due to their body lines seem to stand out over the other 2 which can be mistaken for some of the other cars on the road.

Doesn't really matter I guess, does bode well for future hotrodders looking for donor vehicles  :)
Mopar or no car!!!

7212Mopar

When Gen 3 Challenger came out in 2008, you get excited when you see one and it is far in between. When I got my 2012, you still don't see another too frequent and people will wave to each other when two cars meet on the road. The club I belong to used to have a thread that members will update every time they run into a Challenger and solicit the owner to join the club. Now a days you see at least a couple of them every time you are on the road.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

Chryco Psycho

even becoming somewhat common here in Panama , I saw a red Hellcat a while back  :cooldance:

Brads70

They are everywhere around here but then they are made an hour from my house.....  I did see one this winter with the lower front fender with a rot hole right threw.  :o must have been the first years of production.

soundcontrol

Yeah, maybe I just got my Mopar radar turned on, and all the others brands blend in... 8)

RUNCHARGER

It's rare to see a Camaro.
Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: 7212Mopar on May 31, 2019, 11:11:15 AM
When Gen 3 Challenger came out in 2008, you get excited when you see one and it is far in between. When I got my 2012, you still don't see another too frequent and people will wave to each other when two cars meet on the road. The club I belong to used to have a thread that members will update every time they run into a Challenger and solicit the owner to join the club. Now a days you see at least a couple of them every time you are on the road.

I agree, 2008-2012 they were scarce.. But all the dealers were adding a big mark-up...  Somebody figured out by not marking them up you move more inventory & suddenly they started selling.. These days you can't go anywhere without seeing at least a couple of them...

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

GoodysGotaCuda

There are lots of Camaros, Mustangs and Challengers running around North Texas. My 3 year old daughter is getting pretty good at picking them apart.  :burnout:
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

blown motor

Quote from: Brads70 on May 31, 2019, 04:24:21 PM
They are everywhere around here but then they are made an hour from my house.....  I did see one this winter with the lower front fender with a rot hole right threw.  :o must have been the first years of production.

@Brads70  In front of the wheel or behind? Which side? Good information to know.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

BIGSHCLUNK

Around here I'd say Chally's then Stang's then Bowties .  But having a nephew and a buddy w them, could be just me  :notsure: