Main Menu

Now I get: "I want to buy your car flyer" at the door

Started by Topcat, April 15, 2018, 08:06:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

People stop by all the time to ask about buying cars on my lot.

I welcome it.

I'm the guy that cold knocks on your door when I see some stuff on your property. 
I've literally driven every alley way east of the Rockies in Colorado.  Denver is the exception.
I'm not afraid to ask anyone anything.  And I'll shoot back if there is a problem.

Everyone wants your cars.  That's part of having the best cars on the planet.  Mopars. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Timbbuc2

Quote from: anlauto on April 16, 2018, 07:27:53 AM
You guys are nuts....if someone wants to "buy your car".....tell them a price that's double the value, remember you have the upper hand...they may laugh or they may bite.....SELL IT...... :alan2cents:
Thats what I have done and it not even finished.Word gets around
Get in, I'll drive

Bullitt-

Quote from: blown motor on April 16, 2018, 07:43:55 AM
You guys are nuts....if someone wants to "buy your car".....tell them a price that's double the value, remember you have the upper hand...they may laugh or they may bite.....SELL IT...... :alan2cents:
:iagree: Then take that money, buy a 70 or 71 e-body project and take it to Alan to get it restored. Simple.   :D

:stop:  Thing is ya might still end up in the Hole....   :rofl:
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Chryco Psycho

I had a guy cold call me & he starts with I own your car if it is what I believe it is so we just have to agree on a price , pissed me off so I hung up on him .
A few minutes later he calls back & is a little more friendly & asks if the car is real , I tell him it is & confirm the details , & he offers me a blank check , just tell him the number to fill in , I laugh & ask if he has that much $$ & cannot find a car like mine how could I ever replace it ? So I told him it was not for sale as I would rather have the car than the $$ , wished him well in his search & let him go without even getting his phone #. He ended up staying in touch & did buy a R/T SE but it was not FC7 & it was not 4 spd & it was in much rougher shape & i heard he paid 80k for it before restoring it . Who knows what he would have paid for it , maybe I should have sold but I have no regrets !
I have sold before & immediately regretted it so why sell ?
On the other hand my 71 Charger ........ :bricks:

xx88man

Be careful to protect what's in your garage....my cousin had an expensive newer Shelby in his garage and the thieves waited until he went camping for the weekend. Sad thing is the neighbor said he heard the car fire up.... it's gone for good!

:headbang:
Keep yer foot in it

Jay Bee

No flyer at the house but notes left under the wiper when parked somewhere else. The typical, "if you want to sell call ***** at *********".

Most of the inquires are at stop lights and stop signs when out cruising. Really don't know how serious they are because I've never pulled over to discuss it.

1 Wild R/T

Alan, not everyone want to sell their stuff, I've been offered double what it's worth & yes he was stacking cash on the hood of his truck but I happen to like my car...

RUNCHARGER

Yes: I learned my lesson. You know what you have and if you're happy with it don't even sell it at 1.5 the value, they are too hard to replace.
Sheldon

anlauto

If I had a car I thought was worth $40K and I tell someone $80K to buy it and they jump at the chance.... :banana: :banana:

Sorry guys.....but it's only a car.....I can likely get a much better one for double the money..... :takemymoney: even a new Demon :burnout:

When you're dead.....your estate is just going to sell it any how :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

61K T/A

I don't think I can ever sell any of my "Pride and joy stuff". Just add to it.  :D

draginmopars

Quote from: fc7cuda on April 16, 2018, 05:32:27 AM
Take it as a compliment, but also drop the hint about your alarm system, .44 mag., pit bull, lo-jack, brother is the sheriff, you're always home, etc....

and a few Trail cams beside the "Other cameras "
freeks people out, that you know, call them to ask them what they want(  they sitting in my drive)
can view remote...lol

always moving different car around the yard, never know what I'm driving.

If they can't read the "Smile" sign on the pole, there is sign language on the gate.
Ha-Ha Racin
Havin "Fun" 101
Howard

71-440

I can understand some people not wanting to sell their rides for any price but me I agree with Alan.
If someone offered me 1.5 or double what I paid I'd sell it.

On another note I may have to sell my ride if business doesn't pick up.  :(
Having said that I won't loose any sleep over it. Sure it'll suck but that's life.
Joe

TheGanzman

At 62 years old, I've bought DOZENS of items that "weren't for sale, but COULD be bought"; as a result, my motto is "If you don't ASK, then the answer is NO!"  I would hope that you're already doing your due diligence with respect to multiple forms of "security", including replacement cost insurance; if not and you lose it, then it's a lick on YOU...

As I type this I'm wearing a watch that categorically was NOT for sale.  I tracked the guy down from the watch forum, introduced myself, offered him double what it was (technically) worth, and he agreed to sell.  O.K. - it was "only" $800, but he just happened to be in the situation where his wife wanted a $1,600 rug which they could now buy thanks to ME showing up from out of the blue.  Net-net; EVERYBODY's happy!

My answer to those queries:  "It's not for sale, but it CAN be bought!"  Geez guys, they're all just "things"!  I love my "things" as much as the next guy and prolly more than MOST, but I've never seen a hearse with a trailer hitch on it...

A VERY close friend of mine since 1978 - fitness FREAK, workout freak; always eats healthy and always HAS, never drank, smoked, did ANY drugs including NSAIDS - guy won't even take an aspirin; diagnosed 2 years ago with metastatic melanoma.  71 years old and unlikely to live until year-end; multi-multi-millionaire who has owned more incredible cars than ANYONE on this forum (How 'bout an original birdcage Maserati?)  Not a week goes by when he doesn't say to me "I can't BELIEVE this is happening to ME, as careful as I've been my whole life..."

And yeah, when he dies, yours truly will be buying his "Dream Cuda" directly as a result of same; how's THAT for "bittersweet"?  Sorry for the AM caffeine-induced rant; not a religious man, no kids either - just a GREAT wife and five rescue cats; wouldn't trade the lowliest of my cats for the nicest '70 Cuda on the planet!  It's only money and it's all in fun, Boys & Girls...

CudaMoparRay

Yup, the bottom line has always been "You can't take it with you".
Although, as humans we find that hard, especially if it's a Mopar  :haha:

HP_Cuda

Well Mike I think those lovely car shows on Velocity are rubbing off on the common folk.

I've been approached 3 times in the last 9 months asking about cars in the drive, thank god the garage door was down. The thing that gets me is these guys show up thinking they can get my rides for next to nothing. I answer the door pretty pissed so they don't stay long in my driveway. As if to say "Did I invite you on my property?"

:Stirring:

and yes I have a sign up saying "No soliciting at all" - these fools keep ignoring it.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200