Main Menu

One less Challenger in the family

Started by Dakota, October 25, 2018, 05:45:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Dakota

One of my sons was involved in collision this morning.  He had just changed lanes on the highway when the vehicle in front of him came to a sudden stop for no apparent reason.  The other driver took off immediately after the collision.  Other than a sore neck and a small burn on his forearm from the airbag, he seems to be OK.  It's not official yet, but we expect his car (2011 Challenger) will be totaled. I thank God for the development of the safety improvements that made this a "walk away" crash for him. 

Topcat

Sorry to hear about this.

Glad he's  O.K.

dodj

Yikes. Glad he walked away. 
I agree, looks like that Challenger is done.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Brads70

Glad to hear he is ok! Cars are replaceable!

Chryco Psycho

Glad the Chall did its job protecting your son Crazy how stuff happens , is the other drivers licence plate stuck in the Rad ??
My friend lost his Chall too this month 2013 triple black full load 392 6 Spd Trac Pack car , guy changed lanes & tagged the rear 1/4 destroying the diff , spun him around , write off unfortunatly  :bye: He is unhurt as well at least .

Cuda Cody

Walked away... is the important part. 

340challconvert

Glad your boy is OK

Can always get Challenger!
:grouphug:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

71-440

Glad your son is OK.

One thing I miss about my 2009 R/T is the all the safety stuff built in to modern cars.
I cringe just thinking about getting into
an accident in my '71.

Joe

Cudakiller70

Wow what a smack! Glad he's ok, Amazing.

anlauto

What the heck did he hit that hard that was able to drive away ?  :o
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

js27

Sorry for the car but Happy he is alright.. They make new cars everyday but you only get one body.
JS27

Rev-It-Up

Scary stuff!!!  Glad he is ok Dakota. 
Rev-It-Up

HP_Cuda

Glad it turned out positive for your son.

I wonder if the frame got tweaked cause it sure looks like it came across the top like the back of a lifted truck.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

JS29

That was my thought as well!! But the airbag deployment could send it over the cost of total verses repair.  :alan2cents:

jimynick

To hell with the car; as stated, it's all about your boy being in one piece! It looks like he was on the brakes and submarined under the T/P, missing the rails pretty much. As for totaling the car, it's just a mathematical calculation and you should know in a couple of days on average. Without any T/P information, it'll be an "at fault" claim and you or he will be on for the deductible. Do you have loss of use and/or replacement coverage? It's a bit of a PITA, but again, the fact that your son is ok makes that easier to bear. Good luck!
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"