Main Menu

Quarantine or not?

Started by torredcuda, March 20, 2020, 09:51:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

Ontario is shutting down as of midnight tomorrow night. The list gets longer.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

JS29

Traffic today was non existent today. six inches of fresh snow, and not one 911 call.  :cheers: 

Brads70

Quote from: JS29 on March 23, 2020, 03:41:35 PM
Traffic today was non existent today. six inches of fresh snow, and not one 911 call.  :cheers:

Ya we got about 4" today but most of it has melted off. Lawn is poking thru again..... never went out for the last few days so no idea on traffic.

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

JS29

@Brads70  A good 6" of snow, still snowing. town plow was out, sand+salt.  :'(. Going out now to plow the driveway.  :yes:

Cudajason

Quote from: blown motor on March 23, 2020, 02:04:27 PM

Yeah if you thought there was nothing to do before, its really going to be quiet out there now.  It will be interesting to see what they deem as essential services.

I am one of the lucky ones that has not been overly affected by this yet.  There is no way we will be deemed essential, but our offices have ben shut down for a week already and most people are working from home.  So its really business as usual for me...10 hour work days and trying to get stuff done.  I am not complaining in the least!  Fingers crossed it will continue that way.

Jason

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

anlauto

Quote from: Cudajason on March 23, 2020, 05:52:02 PM

Yeah if you thought there was nothing to do before, its really going to be quiet out there now.  It will be interesting to see what they deem as essential services.

I am one of the lucky ones that has not been overly affected by this yet.  There is no way we will be deemed essential, but our offices have ben shut down for a week already and most people are working from home.  So its really business as usual for me...10 hour work days and trying to get stuff done.  I am not complaining in the least!  Fingers crossed it will continue that way.

Jason

Seems 80% of Ontario jobs are essential so don't worry....even if your bicycle needs repair...you'll be okay... :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cudajason

Quote from: anlauto on March 23, 2020, 08:11:05 PM
Quote from: Cudajason on March 23, 2020, 05:52:02 PM

Jason

Seems 80% of Ontario jobs are essential so don't worry....even if your bicycle needs repair...you'll be okay... :twothumbsup:

Yeah no kidding!  I guess furniture stores and thats about it will shut down now!!

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

torredcuda

In Mass you can still get your car fixed to drive to the liquor store so at least they`ll still be drunks driving around, maybe with less traffic they will easier to catch.  :dunno:
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

soundcontrol

Sweden is taking it easy on the regulations, almost everything is open, restaurants, bars, there is a ban of events more than 500 people, but most smaller events gets cancelled anyways. Schools for kids 6-15 Y are still open, the higher ages schools have live internet classes, my daughter is on a class in her bedroom right now.
But people are for the most part staying at home anyways. I shopped yesterday, no shortage of TP :)

But the virus is here in our small village though, yesterday 2 people in the old folks retirement home died from it.

My work will suffer, all our movies (I'm doing film sound) are cancelled or postponed now. Still have a TV serie that I started before the virus.
I will surely have no work during the summer.
Not a problem since I still get 92% of my salary for the rest of the year if necessary, the government helps out with that.

Might be a good time to do lots of work on my cars since its my job that usually takes all my time.

anlauto

Over 100 deaths in one day in the US yesterday  :o  as Italy tops 6000 deaths, 2000 in the last four days... :andyangel: This things ramps up quick..
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cudajason

Quote from: soundcontrol on March 24, 2020, 04:50:42 AM
Sweden is taking it easy on the regulations, almost everything is open, restaurants, bars, there is a ban of events more than 500 people, but most smaller events gets cancelled anyways. Schools for kids 6-15 Y are still open, the higher ages schools have live internet classes, my daughter is on a class in her bedroom right now.
But people are for the most part staying at home anyways. I shopped yesterday, no shortage of TP :)

But the virus is here in our small village though, yesterday 2 people in the old folks retirement home died from it.

My work will suffer, all our movies (I'm doing film sound) are cancelled or postponed now. Still have a TV serie that I started before the virus.
I will surely have no work during the summer.
Not a problem since I still get 92% of my salary for the rest of the year if necessary, the government helps out with that.

Might be a good time to do lots of work on my cars since its my job that usually takes all my time.

That scares me.  as Alan mentioned, things can ramp up quickly.

It may feel like we are over reacting,  but if we do and nothing happens, that is the point.

Even given all our measures, Quebec (the province next to ours) reported 400 new cases overnight...jumping form 221 to over 600.  That is scary!

Jason

dodj

Just my opinion....
The state of emergency declarations are not required to 'flatten the curve'. Closing businesses is ineffectual. As long as you keep safe distances from others and practice enhanced personal hygiene you will be good.
Eliminating gatherings and events and things where you cannot reasonably keep space between people is a good thing...ie planes busses, subways, team sports...

If business is forced closed for a long time, and economically we get wrecked, the solution will also cause a lot of death and suffering. :alan2cents:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

kdcarman

I just read this quote from Newt Gingrich who is actually in Italy now with his wife.  This make explain why Italy is in the position they are.  I think this combined with the fact they did not aggressively "distance people" early on.  I don't know how after watching Italy, Spain, NYC, Washington,  - you can leave this thing go unchecked. 

"None of us, at least I didn't know that there were 100,000 Chinese [people] living in northern Italy and that many of them come from Wuhan and that there was a flight between Milan and Wuhan," Gingrich explained.

torredcuda

Quote from: dodj on March 24, 2020, 07:45:39 AM
Just my opinion....
The state of emergency declarations are not required to 'flatten the curve'. Closing businesses is ineffectual. As long as you keep safe distances from others and practice enhanced personal hygiene you will be good.
Eliminating gatherings and events and things where you cannot reasonably keep space between people is a good thing...ie planes busses, subways, team sports...

If business is forced closed for a long time, and economically we get wrecked, the solution will also cause a lot of death and suffering. :alan2cents:

Not practical or even possible to keep distance in some businesses. I share workspace and even the desk with one or more co-workers, I can handle 100`s of parts a day that have been previuosly handled by multiple others, we just coudn`t do our job unless we all have PPE on 100% of the time. We have a pretty good stock of latex gloves but probably not enough dust masks and those are not the best for preventing a virus. We also have mulitple delivery trucks coming and going all day long, we limit them to staying outside the shop but they still handle boxes. I am sure many other businesses have the same issues.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/