Main Menu

Rust Valley Restorers

Started by 70/6chall, May 21, 2020, 04:05:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70/6chall

Last night my wife and I were looking through Netflix and I was on the I-Pad as usual. When she says "Have you seen this before?" I looked up and saw a program called "Rust Valley Restorers" So, we put it on and started watching the first four episodes. Gear heads that breath life back into old classic cars, for various customers and to make some working capital to continue on with business. If you get a chance watch a few episodes on Netflix see what you think.If you've seen it then I don't need to tell you any more. I believe it viewed Dec 2018. Just some sheltering in entertainment.  Thanks,   Al

Swamp Donkey

I've watched both seasons.  Avery is from my home town of Fort St John BC.  I enjoy the show.  I saw Avery at our local movie theater and he was still wearing the same green rubber boots in December.   My wife just saw him in February and got a selfie with him too.  Haha
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

anlauto

I really enjoyed watching, I hope they come back for a third season  :fingerscrossed:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Mike is a charactor. He's not acting whatsoever on the show. Pretty cool bunch of guys.
Sheldon

nsmall

My favorite show for many reasons.  I miss the PNW as I grew up there for 24 years and this show reminds me of home.

72 Challenger

Someday I will have a J0b.

chargerdon

Very refreshing...  enjoyed it...  watching guys bring old classics back to life as cheaply as possible for "drivers".   For me much more enjoyable than watching Graveyard were their anal about numbers matching, and is the emblem on the same spot as it was in the factory... 

7212Mopar

I am not a number matching guy and prefers to hot rod my cars to improve performance, or like others say make it your own. GYC is about resurrecting cars back to the way they were born. That is their mission and business model. A lot of hard work and knowledge required and I can appreciate that. They also go in to more details on how the cars are put back together and why factory did it in certain way. So far the first two seasons of RV talks about business struggling to survive. It is still an enjoyable show but not much details shown working on the cars. Iron Resurrection is another good show. Bitching Rides is good too.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

750-h2

Love that show! Not so much their work. :o

js27

I just watch a few episodes on Wednesday. He is a character for sure. He was trying to sell his 67 Belvedere for $50,000.00. He turned down $30,000.I think he is a dreamer the $30,000 was a damn good offer for what it was.
JS27

CudaMoparRay

I enjoy all car "shows" of these types......take what I need or want and overlook that which I do not care for  :wrenching:

anlauto

Quote from: js27 on May 22, 2020, 01:50:08 PM
I just watch a few episodes on Wednesday. He is a character for sure. He was trying to sell his 67 Belvedere for $50,000.00. He turned down $30,000.I think he is a dreamer the $30,000 was a damn good offer for what it was.
JS27

Don't forget he was talking CDN dollars through...big difference....

I agree, the quality of the cars is not exactly there, but they're priced accordingly  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

RUNCHARGER

They're not restorations. So it's a balancing act keeping costs low enough to sell them when done. Overtaxed Canadians don't have the disposable income people from other countries do.
Sheldon

soundcontrol

Started watching it. Cool show.
Not big on safety though, EP2, he is jacking up the car while his son is laying under it.... :o

anlauto

It's pretty realistic to how a "bunch of friends" get together and work on cars...safety is not always a first though... :rofl:...until someone gets hurt.

I can't get over how much stuff h has there in that yard....I would love to visit. :cheers: