Main Menu

Sometimes I love Summit Racing

Started by tparker, June 08, 2021, 02:13:07 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Mopsquad

As a former Ontario resident building a hot rod in the 80's, I lived at Karbelt Speed and Custom, your local speed shop.  The had good stock and had multiple locations.  Not sure if they are still around.

tparker

Quote from: anlauto on June 09, 2021, 07:05:53 AM

I agree, I find it funny when Americans complain about the cost of shipping stuff within their own country....they have NO IDEA...what it's like living on the "outside".....but I wouldn't trade it for anywhere else either :canada:

Hey, our shipping is bad. Your's is just stupid. LOL :rofl: OK, it does cost to set up a supply chain and get stuff shipped out. But there are a lot of shipping abuse. I have seen lots of used stuff have shipping 3-5 times as much as actual shipping costs. I think some figure the can sell the part cheaper, maybe at a loss to get some one to impulse buy, but charge more for shipping to make up the difference and add a profit. Very common on ebay and other used places. Argh.

Brads70

Quote from: Mopsquad on June 09, 2021, 09:19:44 AM
As a former Ontario resident building a hot rod in the 80's, I lived at Karbelt Speed and Custom, your local speed shop.  The had good stock and had multiple locations.  Not sure if they are still around.

I remember going there when I lived in Toronto, we do have a Performance Improvements store local but pricing seems to get marked up the more people that get their hands on it though.  Summit and Jegs are great, you know what it costs upfront and its reasonable. 

soundcontrol

Try living in Sweden!
On top of the expensive shipping we pay customs fees and a 25% sales tax, tax applies to the item AND the shipping.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Mrbill426 on June 09, 2021, 06:28:37 AM
I miss the days of having walk-in retail speed shops like Super Shops and private owned stores.  Can't recall the last time I saw one.

We have two in town... One been here since the 50's, the other is pretty new, not sure they'll survive....

anlauto

A friend of mine in the next town over owns this "Hot Rod" shop....not much performance parts, but some pretty cool invertory...and despite all the Ford stuff, he is a Mopar guy.  :))

We still have Beatty & Woods Speed shop in Mississauga, they are building me a 383 right now for a 71 Cuda I'm restoring...  :burnout: :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Quote from: anlauto on June 09, 2021, 04:57:44 PM
A friend of mine in the next town over owns this "Hot Rod" shop....not much performance parts, but some pretty cool invertory...and despite all the Ford stuff, he is a Mopar guy.  :))

We still have Beatty & Woods Speed shop in Mississauga, they are building me a 383 right now for a 71 Cuda I'm restoring...  :burnout: :bigthumb:

I've bought parts off Horton before. I miss the auto shows and automotive flea markets.

GoMangoBoys

I am pretty blessed in that we live 20 minutes from the original Summit Racing retail store in Tallmadge Ohio.  When I was working, it was a 10 minute detour on my way home from work.  They have a program called "Summit Bucks".  Everything that you buy in person at the retail store earns you $15 in Summit bucks for every $500 you spend.  It adds up quickly.  Also, if you buy it in the store, and they don't have it, the item ships for free to you.