Main Menu

Unknown barn full of cars . .

Started by Spikedog08, June 01, 2021, 05:23:44 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70 Top Banana

There is a lot of stuff, including the cars that would sell fairly quickly. I also have bought and liquidated a couple estates. There is money in it but it is a LOT of HARD WORk and a lot of  time. But can also be fun as you will be surprised at what you might find. Not to mention the amount of junk you throw away because it is absolutely trash. In one sale I had probably 700 dollars worth of junk metal I sold to a recycler- junker alone.

TheAutoArchaeologist

There is TONS of hoards still out there.  If you follow me, I show a few glimpses.

This is behind a big barn/building.... every car is a Hemi car.

Every car here except I think 2 or 3 are Hemi and Six Pack cars.

Ryan Brutt
The Automotive Archaeologist
TheAutoArchaeologist@yahoo.com
www.barnfinds.org

HP2

Quote from: Spikedog08 on June 10, 2021, 01:43:08 PM
So the suspense is over and I have unlocked the barn . . here is what I found:

In the barn:

Ford Mercury Capri
Volkswagen Rabbit
Honda Civic
Dodge Rampage Prospector
Mazda 323
Dodge Daytona (smashed in front) (80's)
Yamaha Warrior Quad
Small boat
Flat bottom Boat
Canoe
Backhoe

Now outside:

Volkswagen small truck
Dodge Charger (80's)
Dodge Daytona (80's)
Sabaru
Volkswagen Van
Astro Mini Van
Chevy Blazer
Feiro
Corvette
An enclosed trailer that has personal property in it (tool boxes, a motorcycle and a lot of boxes. 
A car hauler with large trees growing through it.

Was hoping for something a little older and collectible but it is what it is.  Most of the car are pretty much junk to me . . but as I dig into this, who knows.

While this list may be uninspiring to most of us, there are niche markets for all of those that will have some folks salivating if these cars are lower mileage survivors of the era.  Will the command high dollar, retirement account amounts money, no.  But some of those will go for more than scrap value for sure.

Cuda_mark

anlauto

In regards to the pictures posted above by Ryan:

For me....the WOW factor is now really short....it's quickly interrupted by the absolute feeling of despair knowing  that nothing will likely ever happen to these hidden gems.. :crying: Everybody knows the story."going to fix them up someday" then they just end up sitting for years until they're sold off in the estate sale...usually bought up by other people who are "going to fix them up one day"  :haha: :haha:

Just advertise them NOW, get top dollar and let serious collectors restore them to their former glory...NOW ...so they can be appreciated NOW.. :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

Quote from: HP2 on June 11, 2021, 06:32:49 AM
Quote from: Spikedog08 on June 10, 2021, 01:43:08 PM

While this list may be uninspiring to most of us, there are niche markets for all of those that will have some folks salivating if these cars are lower mileage survivors of the era.  Will the command high dollar, retirement account amounts money, no.  But some of those will go for more than scrap value for sure.

I totally agree!   :iagree:
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Spikedog08

Quote from: Cuda_mark on June 11, 2021, 06:33:29 AM
@Spikedog08 What year/condition is the VW Rabbit?

I will find out for you.  It is in the barn so in decent shape.  I assume most of them have fuel issues if they were stored with gas in them.  From the looks of the trees in front of the roll up door, they have been in there for some time.  Then the owner has passed and I am dealing with the sister and she is trying to find titles and keys for the cars but that may be an issue as well.  At the other house, there was a car in the barn that was a 2001 and had about 4 thousand miles on it.  Most may be lower mileage . . Not sure yet
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

70vert

the Daytona's were not bad cars, especially in their time. I had an 85 Daytona Turbo Z 5-speed and it was a blast. But I know they don't have a big draw and unless in great shape probably not worth much.

70 Top Banana

I agree with Alan. I know a gentlemen that has a rare car that he himself hauled from California to Michigan and it is rust free. I helped him take it apart and was amazed how nice the car was. Today, I would not have touched the car. All of the sudden he stopped working on it and it has sat for the last 22 years, In a barn. He has one part that he fixed up as a shop. I have tried to buy that car several times and each time he says-" no not for sale. I am going to finish the car before to long." His wife will have to deal with that along with some of his other unfinished projects.

BTW when do we go get the MOPARS? I can have the truck hitched to the trailer in about 5 mins! :yes:

TheAutoArchaeologist

Yes, I agree with Alan.  Most of the time.  This was a unique situation... There is over 200 rare Mopars sitting neglected.  And the owners both have no monetary problems.  So they just build more and more buildings slowly to stash their collections... And two of the buildings they just restore cars in their free times.

I ran out of time checking it all out...

Ryan Brutt
The Automotive Archaeologist
TheAutoArchaeologist@yahoo.com
www.barnfinds.org

1972V21Cuda

Spikedog08

So I have finished dealing with all the cars on this property along with many other items.  I did manage to get a flat bottom boat out of the deal so happy about that.  One thing I did find is a lot of models . . . Probably 50 of them.  These are all at least 20 years old and some may be collectibles . . . Was going to donate them somewhere but since I posted on FB looking for recommendations . . I have had quite a few people offering to buy them.  Now it has me thinking . . . This is a sample of what I found . .

cuda hunter

I know of a model dealer.  If your interested in the whole lot at once I can put you in touch with him.

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Cuda_mark

@Spikedog08 Did you figure out what year model the VW Rabbit was?

Spikedog08

Quote from: Cuda_mark on June 11, 2021, 06:33:29 AM
@Spikedog08 What year/condition is the VW Rabbit?

Sorry for the delay @Cuda_mark  . . the rabbit was a 1984 and sold to a guy that bought a package deal of 3 cars.  All cars are now gone and I am wrapping up this project.  Alot of little things still need to disappear but am in the home stretch  . .