Main Menu

Vanishing Point behind the scenes

Started by JH27N0B, December 17, 2020, 11:29:02 AM

Previous topic Next topic

JH27N0B

I ran across this video today I'd never seen before, apparently made around 20 years ago with Barry Newman and others discussing the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqLQLPt0yp4

soundcontrol

Very cool! I'ts a Camaro they crashed right? Thats good, but still, using 8 Challengers...  :(
That flat hood flying thru the air would not been left in todays movies, would be fixed in VFX.
In a car chase movie I did in the 90's, they used 3 vans for a crash, a Dodge, a Ford and a Chevy, and one was not even in the same color!  :D
Quick shots though nobody noticed.

Long time since I watched Vanishing Point, gotta watch it again soon.

MEK-Dangerous

R/T's 4 R/P

Many of those folks are no longer with us.  I figured it had to be old...at the end it says 1999.
Interesting they have the interview with Chris Cornell, but don't connect his song/video with the movie.  If you weren't an Audioslave fan you might wonder why is he on this?
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

gaddied

A couple of friends and I saw this movie at a out door theater when it first came out. Man that was a long time ago !
Anyway my cousin  was there too with his Dads Chevelle. And after the movie he raced a Mustang with his dads  Chevelle . He ended up losing it on a turn hit the rail road tracks and tore the Chevelle in three  pieces. The body , engine and front end was all over the tracks. This was in town on one of the main streets.  We came at the accident site after it happened . All that happened to him was a bloody noise . He was very lucky to have his seat belt on. 

TA/Z06/GSXR1100

Quote from: R/T's 4 R/P on December 17, 2020, 01:19:55 PM
Many of those folks are no longer with us.  I figured it had to be old...at the end it says 1999.
Interesting they have the interview with Chris Cornell, but don't connect his song/video with the movie.  If you weren't an Audioslave fan you might wonder why is he on this?

I think Chris Cornell might've been a fan of the movie long before Audioslave. I'm pretty sure the band was formed in 2003. I could be wrong.   

soundcontrol

Quote from: TA/Z06/GSXR1100 on December 17, 2020, 08:47:16 PM

I think Chris Cornell might've been a fan of the movie long before Audioslave. I'm pretty sure the band was formed in 2003. I could be wrong.

Must have been, the video "Show Me How to Live" with the Challenger was released 2009.

serpiko

in the film poster there is a 71 Challenger?!  :clueless:

Rich G.

Interesting video, thanks for sharing it!

750-h2

Here are a few pics that were posted on the internet a few years ago. These pics were taken by a family that was on holidays and just happened to drive by the set of Vanishing point. Notice the 67 Camaro used for the crash.

TA/Z06/GSXR1100

Quote from: soundcontrol on December 18, 2020, 12:36:11 AM
Quote from: TA/Z06/GSXR1100 on December 17, 2020, 08:47:16 PM

Must have been, the video "Show Me How to Live" with the Challenger was released 2009.

Awesome song ! The car in the video wasn't bad either .  : )