Main Menu

Well, that was interesting…Covid comes to visit

Started by 7E-Bodies, October 22, 2021, 09:47:38 PM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

I figured I'd get my turn soon enough, and sure enough, last weekend I started feeling really odd. Then came the lack of appetite, then headache, then temp spikes like a newly assembled LA block, lol. As soon as the symptoms began to look like the real deal, I grabbed a stash of HCQ I had obtained and really think it kept things curtailed. Not being big on the accuracy of the PCR tests, I held off until I found a place doing the antibody tests and within an hour I was confirmed. It's now been two days with no symptoms other than being a little fatigued. At 60, and after another member or two here got hammered, I'll admit I was a bit concerned. Prayers answered, HCQ, and my daily zinc, D3, low dose aspirin may have been the perfect combo. Did I mention prayers?  Truly grateful.  :tired:
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Katfish

Glad to hear it was mild, what dosage and duration did you use on the HCQ?

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Marty

dodj

Glad to hear you made it through ok. :bigthumb: Curious though..do you still feel more easily tired?
The people I know who caught covid all had mild symptoms. One lost taste/smell for a while. But find their stamina somewhat compromised.

Quote from: anlauto on October 23, 2021, 03:48:35 AM
What is HCQ ?
Hydroxychloroquine. A drug developed for killing the malaria parasite.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

cuda hunter

Glad it's mild for ya.  I hear often that the therapeutics help tremendously.  You know, the ones the government doesn't want us to have. 

I too have caught covid twice now.  Regular and delta. Regular was a weekish that was just kinda crudy. 
Delta lasted 16 days for me.  Lost my smell in August and still working on getting more smell back daily.
Wish I would have had some of the therapeutics.   
I still worked every day with exception of one day I rested.  Stamina not affected, but I worked hard through the sickness. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

7E-Bodies

@Katfish it was 200mg tablets to be taken twice daily for 5 days, beginning within 24 hours of symptoms onset and to not stop until all 10 doses were finished. I was happy to notice zero side effects. I'm very glad to have been given the mindset to have some on reserve just in case. $140 well spent.

7E-Bodies

Yes, I'll add they told me to take 50 mg zinc daily in conjunction with the HCQ. I already had some for a daily regimen I was on.

7E-Bodies

@cuda hunter I'm curious as to how you knew it was "delta" since I was told that tests don't differentiate. I waited to test due to some doubts I had in the pcr tests (after being filled in by a local surgeon friend that really opened my eyes to the depth of all of this) and opted for a $90 antibody test which revealed quickly that I was jacked with the antibodies. Or so I was told.

cuda hunter

I just assumed it was Delta because I got regular covid back in January or 2020 and then got another covid in August.  Antibodies from the regular covid and then got it again so Delta makes sense according to antibody  science.   No I didn't get tested.  the second covid was indeed different from the first.  And lasted 16 days which is the longest I have had anything in my life.  Different symptoms every 3-4 days.  It was like being sick with 4 different things in the 16 day time.  A very interesting illness, caused by the gain of function research that our NIH has funded through the wuhan laboratory.  All now know and talked about since there is proof that the chinese indeed created this sickness and we funded the creation of this sickness.  Gotta love these asshats that are in control, right?
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

7E-Bodies

@dodj id say my stamina maybe got zapped by 20%, but it's hard to say since I get that way from just the resting phase of even a cold. My taste and smell maybe took a partial hit as even my beloved coffee didn't even taste so good, yet pizza and other salty foods were fine. I guess I'm most tired of just sitting around, but I felt obligated to stay away from others, so I just immersed in YouTube and laid low. One thing I'll note is random dizzy spells since symptoms resided which I was warned about by a good friend going through it a week or so ahead of me in another state, yet that's tapering also.

7E-Bodies

If anyone wants to know the source I use for HCQ/ivermectin etc, there's zero in it for me...I was tipped off to them as well...reach out and I'll send you their link. I'll just say I was damn glad to have set aside a stash, because it took a couple weeks to get a shipment.

dodj

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on October 23, 2021, 06:54:59 AM
@cuda hunter I'm curious as to how you knew it was "delta" since I was told that tests don't differentiate.
There are test to determine which variant, but the regular walk in off the street test just tells you if have covid, whatever the variant.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Jocigar

Glad you recovered quickly  :twothumbsup:     Mine lasted 2 weeks in November an no treatment except advil as per my doctors office and 'go to hospital if/when you cant breath'.   It got pretty bad, energy cut in half for a few months, low lung capacity and brain fog lasted for six months.    I'm just starting to feel normal again.     If I had been given some treatment I think it would have gone a lot better.   I asked for steroid inhaler and they refused saying they needed to save them for critical cases.   I'm glad Florida is raising awareness that there is treatment available if you do get it.   The 'horse pill' crowd would have you to think otherwise.   

70vert

Hydroxychloroquine is prescribed for treating Lupus, and some other immune-deficient diseases. My wife has been taking it for years, 200mg tablets 2 times per day. It does require a prescription.

Zinc and Vitamin C are also taken for immune support, over the counter. We both take these regularly, before Covid to prevent/lessen the flu.

I gotta say that the vaccine is also VERY effective in preventing serious symptoms (and death) from Covid. I would highly recommend it, but up to you to "role the dice" and/or take home remedies.