Main Menu

Well, that was interesting…Covid comes to visit

Started by 7E-Bodies, October 22, 2021, 09:47:38 PM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

My experience with what's being called a "vaccine" has been wrapped around two funerals. Great people that I miss horribly. Both had healthy lungs, both died of sudden onset of respiratory distress days after second round. Too much for coincidences. I'm no expert, nor an anti vaxxer, but I won't be risking that. Not looking for a debate either way.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

ledphoot

This post's timing is ironic. I tested positive for COVID yesterday. I had a fever of 102.7 for several hours, body aches, headache and had a unproductive cough. I seriously thought I was going down last night. The fever broke this morning and I feel a lot better. Still sick but nothing like yesterday. I got "vaccinated" back in August with the J&J shot, it didn't prevent me from getting it, did it help? I dunno..

We will all get COVID sooner or later, it's a statistical probability. 

bentpshrods

I had a bad case of it in July 2020. Kicked my ass for about a month.  I'm 64, diabetic, have heart conditions, all the high risk factors so I got vaccinated as soon as I could not to go thru that again. We get our grand kids here on the weekends. Last Sat. my grand son (5) had a cough, mild fever, didn't feel real good. Found out Monday his pre school teacher had tested positive for covid and sure enough he came up positive also, along with his sister (9).  This disease is so erratic you don't know how it will effect you. So far the wife and I are still negative from this exposure. I think natural immunity, along with the vaccinations helped a lot. Going in for my booster shot next week. So witch ever way you lean it should be a personal choice. If you do come down with this crud use any means available to get you thru it. Worst sickness I've been thru.

RzeroB

Congrats Kevin!! As someone who got his a$$ kicked by Covid this past May, I am happy to hear that you were able to avoid a similar experience!! Godspeed and best wishes for a full recovery to you, and our other members, who have contracted this damn bug.
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

7E-Bodies

@RzeroB i was sure thinking of you, brother. I think every prayer I sent up for you reflected back when I needed it. Hope you're 100%
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

RzeroB

Likewise ... and thankyou ... hope you are back to 100% too real soon!!  :cheers:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Rdchallenger

I finally got bit by the Covid bug last month right after Labor Day. Had a 102 fever for 9 days, different symptom every day for about 5 or 6 days, by day 7 I ended up in the hospital after getting scared from coughing up dark brown mucus (blood), was put on oxygen for oxygen levels in the 80's from onset pneumonia as well. Stayed in the hospital for 3 days went through breathing treatments as well as steroids to open my lungs up.

Put me off work for a month... I'm 34 years old, good shape (could stand to lose a few pounds maybe) active, exercise, on my feet everyday since I work in a prison, generally in pretty good health. But it put me down for sure like no other sickness has.

torredcuda

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on October 23, 2021, 08:39:27 AM
My experience with what's being called a "vaccine" has been wrapped around two funerals. Great people that I miss horribly. Both had healthy lungs, both died of sudden onset of respiratory distress days after second round. Too much for coincidences. I'm no expert, nor an anti vaxxer, but I won't be risking that. Not looking for a debate either way.

My wife`s aunt who was around 59 yrs old and in decent health had a stroke/bleeding on the brain less than 24 hours after getting the J & J shot, she died a week later - coincidence, we don`t think so. I also don`t want to start an argument about the vaccine but even though I am 62 and my wife is a bit overweight we are not getting the shot anytime soon, if ever. Latest data is also  showing the vaccine immunity doesn`t last that long and more people are getting very sick and dying who are "fully vaccinated". We may have already had covid anyway according to the Dr that saw my wife a while back even though two covid tests came back negative, shows how much faith Dr`s have in those tests.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

cuda hunter

Quote from: torredcuda on October 24, 2021, 04:46:40 AM
Quote from: 7E-Bodies on October 23, 2021, 08:39:27 AM

My wife`s aunt who was around 59 yrs old and in decent health had a stroke/bleeding on the brain less than 24 hours after getting the J & J shot, she died a week later - coincidence, we don`t think so. I also don`t want to start an argument about the vaccine but even though I am 62 and my wife is a bit overweight we are not getting the shot anytime soon, if ever. Latest data is also  showing the vaccine immunity doesn`t last that long and more people are getting very sick and dying who are "fully vaccinated". We may have already had covid anyway according to the Dr that saw my wife a while back even though two covid tests came back negative, shows how much faith Dr`s have in those tests.

One of my best friends has a large family.  In 2020 he has had three of his family die from blood clots.  All three members were given the pfizer vaccine.  One in spring, one in summer, one in fall. 
  I could list another half dozen friends who have died from the vaccine.  But it has been said it's not the vaccine.  Just blood clots that had nothing to do with the vaccine. 
  I've a friend who just got his J and J about two months ago.  He now has full blown shingles.  After a short time he's mentioned suicide already.  Shingles has taken three people I've known in my life via suicide. 

I'm deathly afraid of the vaccine's.  I now know more people to die of the vaccine than of covid. 

A month ago I was at Louder Than Life.  Crowd surfed the crowd's almost a hundred surf's.  I was touched by thousands and thousands of people as they carried me over the crowd.  No covid.  No cold.  Maybe gropped a few times.  haha.   Also spent 4 days in the mosh pits.  Seven shows a day in the mosh.  Fully healthy, no issues.  Some bruises.  black eye, busted lip 3 times.  knot on my forehead.  Slammed into thousands of people in the pits.  No sickness.  No covid. 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

JH27N0B

I had a bad DVT blood clot November 2020, put me in the hospital and then back in the hospital in December with a aneurysm in my other leg due to complications from the 2 blood thinners they put me on.
Now you got me wondering if that clot was from the vaccine?
Oh wait, I didn't get vaccinated until April 2021, in fact the vaccines didn't get released until the end of last year and start getting into widespread use until the beginning of this year.  Never mind!

Brads70

Just learned my mother in-law has covid down in SC . After 2 shots of moderna.... it had already made the rounds in my family there and in Florida. Round 2 so it seems. I too am not very trusting in this vaccine these days, governments either for that matter.

dodj

Quote from: Brads70 on October 24, 2021, 09:20:03 AM
I too am not very trusting in this vaccine these days, governments either for that matter.
I never have trusted gov'ts. I have no problem trusting the tested science of the vaccines I have in me.

I also believe that no one should be forced to have something injected into them that they are not in favour of.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

ledphoot

Let me state clearly that I am not a doctor, a scientist or a virologist, and no I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

The first three days of Covid have been interesting so far. The fever came back last night, but not as bad as the first night. I am disheartened by the guidance provided by my medical provider (Kaiser) of basically taking over the counter meds to help sleep, drink plenty of fluids and monitor blood oxygen levels...

I have chosen to do quite a bit to fight off COVID, solid doses of vitamin C, D, Zinc, Quercetin,glutathione, NAD.. As well as Ivermectin, Z-Pak and Budesonide inhaler. My blood oxygen levels have maintained 96-100% the whole time so far. I am feeling pretty good this morning, temp is back down to 99.1, I am going to try and do some work on the car today, probably won't get much done, but something is better than nothing and I don't need to be around anybody to work out in the shop.

I took the vaccine because I would lose my job if I didn't do it. Unfortunately I am not in a place where losing my income would work out too well at the this time.. So I begrudgingly complied with my company's mandate. I do not know if the vaccine has helped me in this fight, it may have.. But I am doing so much on top of it that I can't make an educated guess as to how much any one of these things is helping. I do know that there are ways to fight this virus and improve the odds of a positive outcome, sitting back and waiting for it to get bad before you do anything is not a good course of action, whether you are vaccinated or not.

70vert

@ledphoot good to hear!
I agree you are doing it right and not just waiting for something good/bad to happen. And I am convinced the vaccine helps prevent a serious health issue. All the other meds (except vermectin), have proven to help maintain health in general as well. Pulse/Ox is definitely a key measurement to watch, everyone should now have this device.

Hope you continue to improve!

ledphoot

@70vert Thanks man...

I would have taken Hydroxychloroquine and Monoclonal Antibodies as well if I had 'em. :) This punk @ss virus ain't gonna get me if I can help it.

I do see a massive gap in how we are dealing with the virus though.. We should be focusing more on prevention and treatment than just this massive push on the "vaccine", I tend to call it a shot because by traditional definition these are NOT vaccines. They probably do help at least some, but they are not the be all end all for Covid. I think a lot of people got lazy and lowered their defenses once they got "vaccinated", believing they were good to go. Well, I know several vaccinated people who got the virus, myself included. I don't know any vaccinated people that have died, but I am going to compare notes with my vaccinated friends that have gone through this and see what they did and what their experiences were.

My heartfelt prayers are out to anybody suffering with this bug and to the families that have suffered losses to it. It is a truly terrible experience on both sides. :(