Main Menu

Well, that was interesting…Covid comes to visit

Started by 7E-Bodies, October 22, 2021, 09:47:38 PM

Previous topic Next topic

DrEamer

I have to agree with some of the posters that say the effect of this stuff is so random. I had it a couple moths ago with no fever, but a 3 days of chills, then  just really fatigued for about a week. I lost about 7 pounds for some reason, and had a couple days where I could tell my lungs felt a little labored, but nothing serious. I am not vaccinated, but in general seem to have a very strong immune system. That said, my brother in-law  spent 3 days in the hospital, and I had another friend spend 2 weeks. When it hit our work last month, half were about the same as me, the other had fevers, coughing and what is considered normal systems. We had an older couple that were customer that died because of it. At the end of the day, I'm not sure what the right answer is, my wife and daughter are vaccinated, and did not get it when I had it. Then again, we all most likely know someone who is vaccinated, but caught it anyway. I hope everyone can find the answer that works for them.   

torredcuda

Quote from: ledphoot on October 24, 2021, 11:12:25 AM
@70vert Thanks man...

I would have taken Hydroxychloroquine and Monoclonal Antibodies as well if I had 'em. :) This punk @ss virus ain't gonna get me if I can help it.

I do see a massive gap in how we are dealing with the virus though.. We should be focusing more on prevention and treatment than just this massive push on the "vaccine", I tend to call it a shot because by traditional definition these are NOT vaccines. They probably do help at least some, but they are not the be all end all for Covid. I think a lot of people got lazy and lowered their defenses once they got "vaccinated", believing they were good to go. Well, I know several vaccinated people who got the virus, myself included. I don't know any vaccinated people that have died, but I am going to compare notes with my vaccinated friends that have gone through this and see what they did and what their experiences were.

My heartfelt prayers are out to anybody suffering with this bug and to the families that have suffered losses to it. It is a truly terrible experience on both sides. :(

I`ve heard others now calling it a "shot" instead of a vaccine, much like a flu shot it is not 100% effective from preventing covid but may help to lesson symptoms when you do. Latest evidence seems to point to only a short term immunity and the need for regular boosters. Myself, my wife and our son have all the normal proven vaccines but we have not got this new experimental covid one yet, we may consider it at some point but want to see more of the long term effect and possible side effects.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

ledphoot

One week in and I am mostly over it. A mild cough is the only hint that I have anything at this point. I am feeling really good. I would be considered at risk due to my weight and it really wasn't too terrible past the first day with the fever.

Best of luck to all of you that are going thorough this.. let's all kick COVID's butt!

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

torredcuda

Glad to hear your OK and it wasn`t too bad for you.

ledphoot

I know 20 people who have come down with Covid in the last three weeks, no I am not a super-spreader, haven't seen them in a while.. The virus is spreading like mad right now... Everybody I know who are dealing with it at the moment are doing OK, whether they got the shot or not.

I do have a coworker that has had covid THREE times, she has spots on her lungs and will likely have permanent breathing issues.

Please stay healthy and do what you can to kick this viruses butt if you get it.

Mopsquad

Glad you all got through this virus successfully whether it be aided by your natural viral killer immune systems or the vaccines.

7212Mopar

Got notified on Sunday from a client I met Friday who got tested positive. He had already completed the vaccine doses, caught it and have symptoms. I got appointment tomorrow to get tested myself. I am not sick so likely be fine and I had my mask on the whole time. When is this thing going to end? I still keep my mask on when going out and only take it off when eating in the restaurant. Part of life from now on. I am doing everything the expert says to keep the bugs away. I figure it won't be fun getting it given my age and being overweight.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

anlauto

Quote from: 7212Mopar on November 16, 2021, 02:33:26 PM
Got notified on Sunday from a client I met Friday who got tested positive. He had already completed the vaccine doses, caught it and have symptoms. I got appointment tomorrow to get tested myself. I am not sick so likely be fine and I had my mask on the whole time. When is this thing going to end? I still keep my mask on when going out and only take it off when eating in the restaurant. Part of life from now on. I am doing everything the expert says to keep the bugs away. I figure it won't be fun getting it given my age and being overweight.

The vaccine is not meant to prevent you from getting Covid, it's supposed to help you from ending up dead. It's not going away anytime soon. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

oldmoparbuff

Daughter works for a mobile testing station and came down with Covid.
She was off work for 2 weeks, loss of taste and congestion were her only symptoms.
Bounced back quick.
Neither my wife nor I got it.

Thank the lord.  Seems like rolling dice to see how you get affected.
Stay safe.

Just got back from Florida - no one there is wearing masks.

ledphoot

Covid is never going to "end" it will become endemic like the flu. We will get better at preventing it and treating it. The efficacy of the current vaccines has been greatly reduced due to mutations of the virus over the last two years. Some would argue the vaccines help facilitate mutations because it doesn't actually vaccinate against the virus and stop people from getting Covid or spreading Covid.

The government, the media etc can spread all the vaccine propaganda they want but they need a better strategy to deal with this virus going forward, the current "vaccine" and additional boosters will not solve this problem.

torredcuda

"They continue to push vaccines but we now know thier effectiveness doesn`t last long so they want you to get boosters and now they even want kids to get them when they are rarely effected other than minor symptoms. Instead of pushing vaccines that are not working to eiliminate this virus they need to focus the research on effective treatments as that is the only thing that will get us back to "normal".

Mickm

I'm glad to hear most are having minor effects from the Covid. I have never been sick but Covid nailed me to the floor and I am just now getting back into a somewhat normal life.
I went in the hospital six months ago and was told I had phenomena and Covid. I spent 62 days in the hospital with 19 of that being in a coma on the vent.
I am now dealing with the aftereffects which are several and not a lot of fun. But at least I am alive. At one point the doctor called in my family giving me a 2% chance.
I am a walking miracle I'm told. I jus know I am glad I made it and hope no one ever has to go thru what I did.
Cheers!
Mickm

ragtopdodge

wish people would get vaccinnated.

We will NEVER get rid of this sh*t as long as 5B people on earth are running around depending on crackpot Joe Rogan medication advice.

Mickm

Ragtopdodge,
I agree. I can't understand why many will not get vaccinated. I got both on mine on the exact day I was told I could get them.
All I can say, is if they went thru what I did, they would be chomping at the bit to get them!
Cheers@
Mickm