Main Menu

What do you think of the new 2020 Chevy design?

Started by Cuda Cody, December 05, 2018, 03:41:37 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dodj

Looking good!  :twothumbsup:
Post up pics with the new boots when you get them on.

Looks way better than the 2020 chev.... ..
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Moparman82

Done!  Just gotta remove the word "ram" from the doors, and the "4x4" and "Laramie" and "Woodhouse" off the tailgate and I will be good to go!  Tires are louder than I would like but not awful, and the 2.5 inch motofab leveling kit rides just like stock.  Wheels are 20x10 mayhem Warrior w/-25 offset, and tires are 33x12.5 Atturo Trail Blade M/Ts.  Everything clears, no rubbing at all.  And I've been asked this a lot so I'm just gonna throw it out there, I got the wheels and tires from www.extremecustoms.com.  They let you "make an offer" so I got them mounted, balanced, w/lugs and TPMS sensors installed, shipped to my door for $1699.  Every place local I tried was $2000-2400 for the exact same setup. I love it, perfect divorce present for me... :cheers:
Looking for the right 70 Cuda project!

JS29

You got a divorce AND a new truck AND had personal touches added to it. you must have an outstanding lawyer!!!  :ohyeah:  Good for you!  :perfect10:

anlauto

Certainly looks more aggressive ....out of curiosity, are the tires directional ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

kawahonda

Cool truck.

Hopefully I'll be posting a pic of my new (hopefully) ram soon. About to start negotiating.
1970 Dodge Challenger A66

RUNCHARGER

Ha, ha: I'm keeping my 2018 and my 1961. It's cheaper that way.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

Moparman82

Looking for the right 70 Cuda project!

anlauto

Quote from: Moparman82 on January 30, 2019, 10:26:49 AM
No Alan they are not directional.

Oh okay thanks...I just thought in the one picture of the passenger side the tires looked like they should go the other way and thought that might be why they are somewhat loud. :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dodj

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on January 29, 2019, 07:55:33 PM
I will be keeping the 06 Cummins 5.9
Try a 6.7, you will get rid of the 5.9. Close to double the torque.  :burnout:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

kawahonda

kawahonda

She's a beauty!

I LOVE the 8-speed. I LOVE the eco-mode (MDS)....Chrysler engineers did a bang up job and made it completely seamless. Not sure why the hell anyone would want to disable that.

I managed 19 MPG for the 400 mile trip, which had lots of elevation changes, twisty and curvy forest roads through mostly dry/wet roads but also 200 miles of slush/ice/snow roads. That's on winter fuel and probably 87 octane (dealer filled up the car for me and likely put that grade in). That's also 85/15 (hwy/city) ratio, with 25 miles of 4WD, AC ON the whole time, and also 5 full throttle runs. No doubt she will easily hit 21-23 MPG in the summer.

That's incredible fuel economy over those conditions!

Standard cabs are lifetime-keepers. Plenty of space!

I would not want to race this truck with my 340....yet. I'll just leave it at that. :)

RUNCHARGER

Great truck, The standard cabs are hard to find. My 5.7 pulls pretty good with the 3.90's even being a crew cab. Yours should rock pretty good.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: dodj on January 30, 2019, 12:28:56 PM
Quote from: Chryco Psycho on January 29, 2019, 07:55:33 PM
I will be keeping the 06 Cummins 5.9
Try a 6.7, you will get rid of the 5.9. Close to double the torque.  :burnout:
At least here I could take all of the pollution crap off & retune it , of course my 89 5.9 dynoed at 830 ft lbs tq at the rear tires !!

gaddied

OMG , Chevy has really gone down hill . Back in 2016 chevy had a photo of the new 2016 Silverado . But when the pickup came out it didn't even look close to the photo.  It looked even uglier .  :thumbdown:
I am thinking of a  new Ram pickup next year.