Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

Quote from: NigelTufnel on October 25, 2023, 07:34:42 PM
Got the Lokar linkage dialed in but still need to get a lower spring to keep tension on the trans lever.  Finished plumbing fuel lines and got some measurements on my only set of seatbelts.. I don't think they're the right size AND I only seem to have one set anyway.   No back seat belts in my mess of a garage  :thinking: :huh: :thumbdown:

Nice work, looks great! You might want to think about replacing that plastic fuel filter with a metal one. They can be a bit of a fire hazard!  :alan2cents:

340challconvert

Installed the rebuilt 340 and trans back in to the A66 Challenger vert; starting to look like an engine compartment again!

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

NigelTufnel

Quote from: Brads70 on October 26, 2023, 04:41:58 PM
Quote from: NigelTufnel on October 25, 2023, 07:34:42 PM
Got the Lokar linkage dialed in but still need to get a lower spring to keep tension on the trans lever.  Finished plumbing fuel lines and got some measurements on my only set of seatbelts.. I don't think they're the right size AND I only seem to have one set anyway.   No back seat belts in my mess of a garage  :thinking: :huh: :thumbdown:

Nice work, looks great! You might want to think about replacing that plastic fuel filter with a metal one. They can be a bit of a fire hazard!  :alan2cents:
:iagree: That's the plan after initial startup.  I like being able to see the fuel pump work..

Gripper

Installed ground wire from bulb socket to housing to get the turn signals and running lights working properly again.  :idea:

Thanks Gripper

chargerdon

This evening will be taking the 74 Chally to a local church  "trunk or treat" with it decorated with a spider web and a skeleton in her trunk.  Great event with all kinds of inflatables and food trucks ...starting at 7pm all of the kids in their Holloween costumes will come around for us handing out candy.   Last year there were over 40 classic cars all decorated for Holloween..and probably 200 kids parading to get their candy.   I expect the same tonight as the weather forecast is high of 80 so it will still be warm at 6pm when all of the fun starts.    Ill take some pics and post them towmorrow. 

YellowThumper

Weld and more weld.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

blown motor

We had unusually nice weather this past week here in Ontario for November. So.. ..this was Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday.
Fuel Stabilizer went in on Thursday, but I have more just in case I need it.  :D
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

blown motor

One last blast for the season.

Brads70

blown motor

Changed the speedometer pinion gear in the Charger. I had done the Power Wagon a couple days ago. I had both speedometers rebuilt by redline and then figured out which gear I needed using a speed app I downloaded. Now I have to wait until spring to see if I got it right.

Dmod1974

I'm just about done installing my OEM Hellcat fan now that it's winter upgrade season.  Adapting the fan to a stock style (4 core Frostbite in this case) radiator was relatively simple and it fits like it came that way.  I was even able to reuse my old overflow tank.  Interestingly enough, this fan is even thinner than the heavily trimmed down Lincoln MK8 fan I was running before.  I have tons of clearance between the engine and fan.

I spent most of yesterday underneath the dash installing the Arduino fan/body controller I built/coded and the wiring harness for it.

Next up are the under hood harness mods for the new fan as well as the 2nd FPDM that I am installing for when I need dual fuel pumps down the road.  I also have to modify my lower radiator hose routing for the new setup, but that's straightforward.

I'm not filling the cooling system back up just yet since I'm still debating on whether I want to do a Max Effort cam swap to get that idle chop that I miss and an ATI lower pulley this winter...  I also have a custom center console that I'm working on that I need to get done so we'll see what happens.

340challconvert

Added a new 316 Moog universal joint on the A66 Challenger driveshaft 7290 yoke

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

chargerdon

Saturday drove the 74 Chally in the annual xmas parade in Apex, NC.   It is a nite time parade starting at 530 pm and everyone puts battery operatrf lights on their cars.   My grandkids road with me and they love it.   

The parade lasts about an hour and driving her at walking speed is tough on the old girls cooling system.  This year i added a pair of 7 inch pusher fans as auxiliary cooling and while it kept the engine temp at or below 210 it still ran rough the second half of the parade.   I think that driving at walking speed for that long heats up the fuel and i get a little bit of vapor lock and it was tough to idle.   Still it was great fun, and the crowds love it when we REV up the engines for them. 

blown motor

48* and sunny is rare for Ontario in mid December so I took the Power Wagon out. I wanted to check the accuracy of my speedometer pinion gear change. Well much to my chagrin I'd gone the wrong way and made it worse! It had a 29 tooth and I'd changed it to a 31 tooth. But I happened to have a 26 tooth here so I put that in quick and went for another test drive. Now, when the speedometer says 60 I'm actually doing 58. I guess that'll be close enough, or at least until my ocd gets the better of me and I buy a 27 tooth to see how close that is,lol. After changing the gear in my Charger the other day I'm sure it'll be wrong too. But I think the 31 that I just took out of the PW will be right for it so at least I won't have to buy another one.
That's it for today. Now I'm going to go and try to wrap my head around how I miscalculated this. A gear turning a bigger gear should have the bigger gear shaft going slower shouldn't it? I'm so confused.  :Thud:

RJChallenger

Just got off the phone with Ryan at Roseville Moparts for my 5th order of the year. Ryan was very helpful and happy to take my money. Other than rear seat covers from Legendary Interiors, I now have all new black interior panels and everything headliner/ carpet to make my interior look and smell like a new car. All I need now is the time and motivation this winter to finish the body work needed and put it all together for spring. Cheers and Merry Christmas