Main Menu

Do you have your fender tags and/or buildsheet?

Started by Topcat, April 05, 2017, 06:49:59 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Please answer for E bodies only. This will indicate what the populus of those that still have tags and/or build sheet

Yes I have just the Fender tags
Yes I have just the build sheet
Yes I have both the Fender tags and the build sheet
No I don't have either

6bblgt

gdrill

1970 RT - Tag and sheet
1971 RT - Tag and sheet

:burnout:
Never too old to learn.

Cuda Cody

Great job guys!   :clapping:  @CudaMoparRay  can now have a fender tag made.   :bravo:  And because he has the original build sheet, he can back up the reproduction tag to prove nothing was added or changed from the original.   :slapme5:

M21  R11  EN2
V1X   U   A01  G11  L25  L31
GT2  H4T7  000  B12  039865
E44  D31  BH23  G1B  212616

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: Cuda Cody on May 19, 2017, 04:14:31 PM
Great job guys!   :clapping:  @CudaMoparRay  can now have a fender tag made.   :bravo:  And because he has the original build sheet, he can back up the reproduction tag to prove nothing was added or changed from the original.   :slapme5:

M21  R11  EN2
V1X   U   A01  G11  L25  L31
GT2  H4T7  000  B12  039865
E44  D31  BH23  G1B  212616

Yes, great job and many thanks to you Cody and all of you for your time, trouble and expertise making it possible to create a new fender tag for my "Baby", Ray

CudaMoparRay

Just sent email to Data Tags AG for quote so will keep you abreast of the request.

71 GTX

Out of 4 E bodies, 3 are Hamtramck cars and 1 LA car....fender tags for all, no buildsheets.....

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: CudaMoparRay on May 19, 2017, 05:07:55 PM
Just sent email to Data Tags AG for quote so will keep you abreast of the request.

Still waiting for a response, will email again if no response by this week.

Pentastarnut

BS23H0B but the fender tag was lost during the deconstruction and bag everything part of the restoration. I bought it in pieces  after interest was lost and it sat for many years. I searched every bag and box hoping to find it but  :verymad: no luck. the door tag says it was built in 10-1969. I did find the build sheet but it's in such deplorable condition it can't be deciphered. I also fond a tag on the rear seat spring with a date of 10-17-1969.  I was told it's a  B5 with a vinyl top and elastimeric bumpers but the bumpers were sold. It's a 4 speed car with road lamps, a/c and disc brakes. It's a shame because without the fender tag or build sheet it all means nothing. It's getting a 408 & Tremec 5 speed with no fender tag.

71GranCoupe

Still sounds like a real nice ride. Pictures of the car before completion can provide authenticity of originality like AC, 4 speed, paint, vinyl top installs for a 70 will have factory place holes for the trim and similar aspects.  :cheers:

Cuda Cody

Even without a fender tag and build sheet, it's still a freaking cool Cuda!   :yes:  And you get to build it the way you want now too.  What color are you going with?

Quote from: Pentastarnut on May 31, 2017, 01:53:06 PM
It's a shame because without the fender tag or build sheet it all means nothing. It's getting a 408 & Tremec 5 speed with no fender tag.

Pentastarnut

70 ' Cuda...this is my DREAM car . i sold my Demon to get this. of all the MOPARS i've had this is my first E-Body  :unbelievable: I'm leaning towards Viper Yellow, Black Hockey Stripe and an  AAR rear spoiler. and yes, i'm doing it MY way since there's no tag or build sheet.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Pentastarnut on June 02, 2017, 02:09:43 PM
70 ' Cuda...this is my DREAM car . i sold my Demon to get this. of all the MOPARS i've had this is my first E-Body  :unbelievable: I'm leaning towards Viper Yellow, Black Hockey Stripe and an  AAR rear spoiler. and yes, i'm doing it MY way since there's no tag or build sheet.

If your building it to enjoy depending on the type car enthusiast you are build sheets & tags can be a curse... You feel obligated to build the car a certain way... No Tag, No Sheet?? Freedom!! Build it to suit you!!

Yes, some folks will say it has less value... But are you building it for them?  :thinking:   No!! So Enjoy!!! :drinkingbud:

Cuda Cody

Very cool Demon @Pentastarnut   :twothumbsup:  A 70 Cuda is cooler though.   :yes:  You're going to love driving a 1970 Cuda.  The sound, the looks, the feel.... it's a feeling that I can not explain.  Are you doing a 4 speed?

Quote from: Pentastarnut on June 02, 2017, 02:09:43 PM

Pentastarnut

I have a fresh 408 Magnum short block, tremec 5 speed and the Hotchkis TV's set up with the shocks. I need some panels replacement, paint, motor top end , wheels and tires. My buddy, who is also a body/paint guy is in the hospital, complications from diabetes :( , I've been on hold for a few months. I bought the car the day after Christmas :)... Merry Christmas to ME

Pentastarnut