Main Menu

WANTED: 1970 barracuda with M46 option

Started by cuda hunter, February 01, 2017, 08:56:14 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

I've always wondered why more cars did not come with the M46 option.  It's actually a pretty neat look for the car.

cuda hunter

Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 14, 2022, 11:39:30 AM
I've always wondered why more cars did not come with the M46 option.  It's actually a pretty neat look for the car.

:cheers: :drinkingbud: :ohyeah:
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

JS23U

@cuda hunter
The bright exhaust tips N42 were not available on BH or BP cars. Only BS cars (Cuda).

cuda hunter

Thanks @JS23U   I had not realized that option was not available on bh or bp cars. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

TomIGo

Hi Cuda Cody,

You asked back in 2017 whether anyone had started a registry for these cars.  We could easily do that if someone else has not already done so (seems like overkill to have more than 1).

If folks want to send me a list of fields they feel should be captured in a registry, I can easily create a database for it and put a web front-end on the data.  Could even build it as a web service so that any e-body website could query the data and post "reports" to their website.

Let me know if this sounds interesting, or whether you know someone else is already ding it.

TomIGo

cuda hunter

@TomIGo

Your new here so I can't send a pm to you.
Get 10 posts and I can pm you with an inquiry about an M46 registry. 

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

Quote from: anlauto on February 16, 2023, 11:04:23 AM
Google TomIgo first :alan2cents:

Interesting, and not surprising.   I figured there was something odd going on there. 
Probably not nefarious, but....

cuda hunter

Thought I would add this one picture of an FK5 stripe on a car from Fakebook.

Car isn't for sale, nor can I get any info on it, but that is the first fk5 I have seen a picture of.

Always looking. 

Mr Cuda

cudahunter,  are you saying the stripe is fk5? Looks like a standard red/white.

The car is burnt orange,  but is it dark burnt orange,  or k3 burnt orange?

cuda hunter

The car paint is supposed to be fk5. 
This would be the first deep burnt orange metallic that I have heard of with m46. 
But, alas, the owner will not reply to anything messenger.
I really dislike fakebook, but then I get a picture off of it.  frustrating. 

I understand it's an fk5, with m46 original stripe and the production date is 9/69. 
Typical born on date for the M46's it seems.

callaway

Old thread and first post :)

greetings from Estonia!

A M46 optioned 70 project for sale in Finland

https://www.overdrive.fi/v8-market/cars-for-sale/3b213c15d1b560b383ed93aa4e100b0b/

Estonia, Europe

Still searching for my first Barracuda/Cuda. Let me know if you have something

Jay Bee

15,000.00 Euros = about $16,313.00 USD according to XE Currency Exchange at todays rate.

cuda hunter

Sweet!
Thanks for posting this @callaway
First things first, How do I translate all this?
I only see one picture.
How do I pull more information about this car from this ad or the seller?

I do think 16K is a Looong stretch, but,  I am unfamiliar with the market values in Finland. 

Matter of a fact, the only thing I know about Finland, is the memories of a wonderful exchange student I Knew back in the day, Tarja .  Ahh, the memories....

cuda hunter

Ok, here is a start.

Hobby for sale. 70 years of barracuda, BH23G0B. The car came to me rolling, interior still. Since then dismantled. Good frame beams. No technology.
The basket numbers match. Broadcast sheet and fender tag are available.
8 3/4 lockless 489.

Initially yellow with a black vinyl roof.
In the back, three-part and cuda listings.
With rare M46 option:
Simulated scoops in the hems
Black mask and radiator support
The skirts and the lower part of the car are painted black all around, with red and white stripes at the top.

Sold with parts, some dismantled and new, some acquired.
Fenders
Header panel
Front and rear sand plates
Rear bumper
Cuda hood
Tailgate
Separate bench frames
Back seat
Manual pedal layout
Doors and window lifter mechanisms
Windows except windshield
Dashboard
Heating device
Interior parts
Rear lights
Lists
Bolts and nuts

New parts
Mash
Rear flanks
Front and back floors
Container base
Outer rear fenders
The pieces that come behind the back ribs in the lower part.
Deck filler

For more information, call