Main Menu

auto to manual pedal conversion

Started by Shoooter, December 01, 2018, 02:56:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Shoooter

I thought I had a set of pedals lined up for my 71 Cuda but the seller seems to want to hold on to them now.
I talked with Dave at Roseville parts and he has a kit that adapts your automatic pedals to a manual setup. Has anybody used these before. Do they function just as a normal set up would. Does it look the same. Thank you

303 Mopar

I have not seen this set up, but I don't think an auto brake pedal will fit next to a clutch pedal.

Brads70

Quote from: 303 Mopar on December 01, 2018, 04:32:22 PM
I have not seen this set up, but I don't think an auto brake pedal will fit next to a clutch pedal.

Never thought about that but, Now that you mention it :yes:....  Maybe you trim the brake pedal down?  :notsure:

Chryco Psycho

the upper mount is the same , you just need the extra support bracket & longer bolt , maybe the comes with both pedals the linkage & overcenter spring  :notsure:

Shoooter

here is it from dave I'm pretty sure.

http://www.rosevillemoparts.com/product_info.php/p/clutch-pedal-kit-70-74-e-body-71-74-b-body-conversion-kit/products_id/624

and here is the page that has the ebody one from brewers. not sure if they are the same.

http://www.brewersperformance.com/proddetail.php?prod=CPK-E

Wondering if they would look and function the same as a real set of manual pedals

Chryco Psycho

Ok so yeah 2 pedals support bracket & OC spring
Looks like the same kit , slightly better price from Roseville + discount

Shoooter

anyone see why this would work or function as good as a original? Any member run it?

Chryco Psycho

looks to me like it would work just as the original system would , they used 2 pedal shapes though so it may be the wrong look for your year

Shoooter

it looks like they have the proper 70-71 pedals

Chryco Psycho

That would make more sense as the 70/71 are more likely to be restored correctly & are worth more as well

HP2

The original assemblies were built out of individual parts. This  kit simply provides the individual parts to convert the auto pedal assembly to a manual pedal assembly without replacing the whole thing. 

I'd go for it.

anlauto

I put this set or something similar in the last resto mod Challenger I did.....functions as it should. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

GoodysGotaCuda

I used the pedal assembly and hydraulic clutch setup from Silver Sport Transmissions in my car. Works just fine and takes stock pedal pads/covers.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Shoooter

did it look like the originals or was the spacing off alittle?

Joegrapes

A long time ago when I converted my 70 Gran Coupe from auto to manual i found that the 70-71 pedal assembly was way more expensive than the 72-74 units. The only difference I could see were the shape of the pedals. Since the 72-74 pedals are bigger I just used that assembly and cut the pedals down to the 70-71 size and bought new rubber covers.