Main Menu

Green dash lights

Started by GoMangoBoys, March 21, 2020, 09:31:46 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: Skid Row on May 13, 2020, 06:22:07 AM
:bigthumb: I used smoke colored Plexiglas from some electronic equipment with LEDs.

That's pretty cool. On my current project, I'm deviating from original in a few areas. I wouldn't mind doing something like that to give the gauges a different look at night.

Gary AAR

What size rivets did you use to reattach the lens?  Are the rivets aluminum?  Did you use a white hi-temp paint for the bulb housings, or just a regular white paint that could be used with low heat LED bulbs?

Jay Bee

Quote from: Gary AAR on May 13, 2020, 07:08:49 AM
What size rivets did you use to reattach the lens?  Are the rivets aluminum?  Did you use a white hi-temp paint for the bulb housings, or just a regular white paint that could be used with low heat LED bulbs?
If this question is aimed at my post here's the answers.
I measured the rivets (lost original invoice) and they seem to be: 1/8 x 3/16 and steel (magnetic).
I just used gloss white hobby paint (have LEDs).

dylo

I found an issue with the white LED's that were linked above. The original lens are blue and with the old incandescent (yellow) bulbs mean a green glow. The white LED's through the blue lens makes your gauges glow blue and look a little cheesy IMO!

I have some yellow and green LED's to try next and see what works better. 

bc3j

Quote from: dylo on May 31, 2020, 02:15:25 AM
I found an issue with the white LED's that were linked above. The original lens are blue and with the old incandescent (yellow) bulbs mean a green glow. The white LED's through the blue lens makes your gauges glow blue and look a little cheesy IMO!

I have some yellow and green LED's to try next and see what works better.

I use the color of the LED to match the lens cover that's in front of the bulb. Got green LEDs in my rallye dash.

dylo

Put the green LEDs in and it looks great.