Main Menu

Steering column light-Question

Started by Waynes World, June 23, 2018, 06:55:53 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Waynes World

Just watched Cuda Cody's steering assembly video.  It was the best by far of anything I could find out there and very helpful. 

One thing that didn't get covered however is the light.   The attached photo is what I'm trying to figure out where to hook up the wire to.  Mine didn't have this when I took it apart.  Have it from a donor column.   

One other question, can you get the bulb for these at a local auto parts store or are they a special order bulb?  If so where do I get one or two?  What is the number mine I can't read?

Any help appreciated.

Best regards,

Wayne

Slotts

GE 1445. You will need the AO1 light package subharness to make it work.

Jim
Be careful. Don't get caught drinking the Kool-Aid or believing the hype.

1 Wild R/T

That is part of the optional light package A01, ignition key light... There's a optional harness that plugs into the main harness, it includes a time delay relay and a plug for a small light mounted above the headlight switch.... 

Cuda Cody

:iagree:  Thanks for the nice comments about the videos @Waynes World  and welcome to the site.   :welcome:  Slotts and 1 Wild RT are right.  The yellow light is part of a A01 light package.  If you got the column from a donor car I bet that car still has the A01 sub-harness light wiring.  It's needed to make it all work.  Your yellow wire is also missing the bullet end that makes the connection.  1970 and 1971+ are slightly different.

Chryco Psycho

bluespruce

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Waynes World

Hi, thanks for the help on this, much appreciated.

Getting back to this, was out of town for 10 days. 

I do have the bullet at the end of the light I show above, but not the A01 sub harness, from the donor column.  My car was used for drag racing and had been switched from an original power steering car to manual steering so they had gutted the column of some of the parts when converting to the longer steering shaft.  As a result I don't know if it came with the optional A01 optional lighting harness or not?  I do have the original build sheet,  is there a way to tell on that?

So, I have two questions I need help with;

#1) If it didn't come with this optional lighting harness, and there is a way to know via the build sheet or other?   If not, I won't put it in.

#2) If it did come with the optional lighting harness, I'll want to put it in, but need to know where I get the A01 lightening harness?  Does someone reproduce it? 

Any help on the above two questions appreciated.

Best regards,

Wayne 

anlauto

A01 will be on your broadcast sheet if your car was coded for it.. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JS29

It would be coded as that on your fender tag (AO1)

Waynes World

OK, thanks.  Just looked on the broad cast sheet and not seeing it on there.   It looks like it would be section "L" which is covering lights and switches.  Looked elsewhere too, but not as thoroughly.  So unless I hear different, i'm going with my car did not have this optional lighting package.

Best regards,

Wayne   

Cuda Cody

It should be in the "A" section of the sheet.  Line 6 the very first box on the left for 1970.

Waynes World

OK,  thanks for this info. appreciate the insight.

There asre numbers in the first box of line A, but have no idea what this is telling us?  The first numbers in line A are 1333, see attached photo of a portion of the broadcast sheet.  Keep in mind this is a B Body car (not sure if that makes a difference?).     

If this means I do have the A01 optional lighting option, where do I get this?  It's not with my donor column or the original column.

Best regards,

Wayne

1 Wild R/T

Well A13 tells us you've got something special.... :worship:   For those who don't know it's a Superbird.......  And A33 is a Dana with 3:54 gear

anlauto

....and a six pack four speed to boot  :banana:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration