Main Menu

1st Time MOPAR Owner, 72 Barracuda

Started by justincollier, November 06, 2022, 07:02:04 AM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

:veryexcited:  Wow! Some of us have some fairly rare or at least hard to find E bodies here, but I think yours is the absolute FIRST that I've seen with a decal like that! Whatever you do, document it well and don't remove it. What an insane find. Definitely do a front to back inspection on that car and take things slowly and with utmost safety. That is a beautiful car in what seems like a rare color. Take it from a purist, they are only original ONCE. Consider keeping it as original as possible. There are many here that can steer you towards needed OEM or date correct parts. You're in the right place. Joining the E-Bodies.org site on facebook is a good idea too. My sister lives in St. Charles as well. Great find! (the car)
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

justincollier

Maybe that is why there is that funny looking PA loudspeaker looking thing under the hood...unless its an oooo-gaaa horn.
[/quote]

That is indeed an ahooga horn. Previous owner said he had to have one. I'm going to remove it.

jimynick

I saw the ooh-ga horn right off the bat! I've been jonesing for one of those ultra rare SS units, and here the guy gets one for free! LOL Welcome to the site from Ontario,  :canada: and congrats on a great project to start with!  :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

nsmall

torredcuda

Welcome, cool car being a Barracuda with the 340. The car have been seized or something and the Secret Service sticker may have just been an auction number to identify it but who knows maybe it was actually used by them in some way?
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

justincollier

The owners wife retold an interesting story last week. She said they need to some welding done. She didn't know or remember what. Apparently, the was live ammunition "hidden" in the car. During the welding process, it must have been a little too close, and discharged! How scary is that! Of course the welder was none too pleased. I don't blame them! I'm really interested to peel back the layers on this one to find the real history.

blown motor

If that's the case there should be a bullet hole or a repaired hole somewhere I would think.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

justincollier

Quote from: blown motor on November 08, 2022, 08:48:30 AM
If that's the case there should be a bullet hole or a repaired hole somewhere I would think.

:iagree: I plan on pulling it down the street later this week and begin inspecting.

Mopsquad

Welcome to the site and a beautiful car!

When I purchased my '65 Mustang fastback in '83 it had the same sticker that you have.  My car wasn't used by the government but was confiscated as it was a mule car.  Secret compartments etc...

justincollier

Quote from: Mopsquad on November 08, 2022, 10:13:52 AM
Welcome to the site and a beautiful car!

When I purchased my '65 Mustang fastback in '83 it had the same sticker that you have.  My car wasn't used by the government but was confiscated as it was a mule car.  Secret compartments etc...

Good info! I think that's the most likely explanation for mine. The Y39 code still has me curious. However, from my quick fender tag code education in the past week, that can mean anything not typical to the vehicle. I keep dreaming of finding a mint broadcast sheet.

7E-Bodies

Un-chambered ammunition doesn't make bullet holes in cars. In this instance, the casing becomes more of a threat than the lead.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

justincollier

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on November 09, 2022, 08:23:54 AM
Un-chambered ammunition doesn't make bullet holes in cars. In this instance, the casing becomes more of a threat than the lead.

Understood. I enjoy firearms, but as demonstrated by my response, lack knowledge.
Send me a PM next time you are visiting your Sister. You can swing by and check out the Barracuda if you'd like.

blown motor

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on November 09, 2022, 08:23:54 AM

Good point. I hadn't thought of that but you're absolutely right.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

WDO72

Matt13

Very cool car! Great combo with the 340 and Basin Street Blue. That Secret Service sticker just adds to the cool factor!