greetings from Italy

Started by antonellomopar, October 03, 2020, 03:36:20 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

Welcome.

Sweet cars you have.

Mama Mia   

antonellomopar

Thank you for the warm welcome. I live in Milano, northern part of Italy. All of my cars were found as needing full restoration, a good way to ensure work is done correctly, and also a good way of having fun. The 71 Cuda was literally found in a junkyard, its american owner had gone back to the US, and left the car to a mechanic. The car had no paperwork, so driving was very dangerous. When I heard about the car, took the license plates of my 69 Camaro, slapped them on and drove home. Drove with them until I could have correct plates via the historic car club.it was 1985, I was 27 years old. Save for some dents and scrapes, the car drove really well. B5, A31, stereo with cassette and mic...matching numbers and two broadcast sheet.

Matt13

Welcome from California. My wife is from Pistoia in Tuscany.

soundcontrol

Welcome from Sweden!  :sweden:
Nice cars! Must be rare in Italy, been there a few times, love it, always on the lookout for Mopars,
but I never seen one in Italy.

Fastmark

What's amazing to me is you found all of those rare cars in Europe. Even more that you found all the parts to restore them. I guess you spent a lot of time getting parts from the US. Or do they have a parts supply over in Europe?

1971Y13

:welcome: from Sweden, you got your own Mopar museum! What a bunch of nice cars, can you post a picture with the 71 convertibles fender tag, have one myself
1971 'Cuda
1968 GTX

antonellomopar

Thank you for the warm welcome....
Here is pic of fender tag of 71 conv

RzeroB

Quote from: Fastmark on October 04, 2020, 03:09:17 AM
What's amazing to me is you found all of those rare cars in Europe. Even more that you found all the parts to restore them.

No doubt!! Being in Italy I would think that it would be more common to find a Ferrari in the scrap yard than a Mopar??  :notsure:

Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

blucuda

Welcome!  That is an awesome collection in an area where they can be very hard to find.  I was stationed in Vicenza for 3 1/2 years in the 1990s and don't recall seeing a single classic Mopar.  I had a 69 Dart in storage back home and would have stopped and talked to any Mopar enthusiast I ran across.  Guess I should have went into Milan more  :D

JS29

antonellomopar

Blucuda, if you came to Milano, I could have shown you the Hemi, the 71 Cuda, and something else that I have since sold.
In Vicenza form a US mechanic by name mr Clifton I bought a 69 GTO and the 440 that is now in my 70 Challenger six pack ...there were a lot of cars belonging to US serivcemen.
As for parts, I get everything form the US, ebay is my best friend, and a couple of Fedex airplanes now belong to me...with all the noney I paid on shipping....

CudaMoparRay

:welcome: from Riverside, California

chris NOS

Welcome on D forum ! i didn't knew you had so many cars ! only the Hemi from FB , well done !!!

Smallblock340

Ciao e benvenuto dall'Olanda!  :bigthumb: :welcome: from Netherlands!  :twothumbsup:
What a great Mopar collection! I worked in Chioggia, Italy for two years. Nice country w/delicious food and beautiful women.  ;)
I remember seeing a B5 Cuda on the SS309 highway. One of yours?  :)
Maurice

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye E55 727A in Bright Blue Metallic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBG3SAJE_NQ

js27

Welcome and a great collections of cars. I live in South Carolina US. My Dads family is originally from Campania and my Mon's Father was from Genoa and her Mom was from Venice.
JS27