Main Menu

Hi from Colorado

Started by ec_co, January 07, 2017, 02:36:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ec_co

another CC member said I should come over. love the new site and looking forward to seeing it grow and Cody's video additions, those are awesome. great to see a lot of familiar faces

still working on my '70 Barracuda, /6 3spd project. interior is out and working on body/rust issues. need to find a decent welder in the area to chat with

obligatory pic (when I brought it home)

Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Roadman

Welcome aboard , great to see you made it in.    :welcome:   

anlauto

Yea...it's a lot like CC...only newer and fresher :perfect10: Welcome...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

J-Code Jeni

:welcome: & we're glad to have you here!

Awesome car!!!  :ohyeah: I noticed your bitchin' project has WA State plates... what city did you find her in, @ec_co ?

Moparman82

Welcome buddy!!  It's quite a party over here, get to posting and earn some prizes!
Looking for the right 70 Cuda project!

Cuda Cody

YA, where did you sneak that out of @ec_co ?  I travel all over to find cars and you find one in my back yard?   :P

ec_co

LOL. I grew up just north of Spokane in Greenbluff (small orchard community) and it was my dads Barracuda. he bought it in '73 when training over in Naselle/WA. the story he told me was that he could have bought anything and passed on a lot of cool goodies, but specifically wanted the slant 6 and searched high and low for a year until he found this one. I guess the family had a lot of slant powered Mopars and he wanted to stick with em. I moved out of the PNW @ 8 years ago, spent a ton of time between Spokane - Seattle - Bremerton - Centralia - Portland (most time in Spokane and Portland though .... @ 30+ years). of my family is up that way, I'm the oddball  :brainiac:

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

ec_co

Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 07, 2017, 09:21:05 PM
  I travel all over to find cars and you find one in my back yard?   :P

it was hidden in the back 40  :D  when growing up we used to get visitors a couple times a year wanting to buy it, then the trees grew to tall to see it and no more visitors. I'm truly surprised at how little rust/damage there was, it was sitting out in the open between some tall tamarack trees for 25 years before I rescued it

Cuda Cody

That's really neat that you now have the Cuda.   And a great story about it's history.   :bradsthumb:   We grew up in the Seattle area and now we're down near Portland.  Open door if you ever get up this way!  Would be cool to meet you.  :handshake:

Quote from: ec_co on January 07, 2017, 09:31:45 PM
LOL. I grew up just north of Spokane in Greenbluff (small orchard community) and it was my dads Barracuda. he bought it in '73 when training over in Naselle/WA. the story he told me was that he could have bought anything and passed on a lot of cool goodies, but specifically wanted the slant 6 and searched high and low for a year until he found this one. I guess the family had a lot of slant powered Mopars and he wanted to stick with em. I moved out of the PNW @ 8 years ago, spent a ton of time between Spokane - Seattle - Bremerton - Centralia - Portland (most time in Spokane and Portland though .... @ 30+ years). of my family is up that way, I'm the oddball  :brainiac:

Chryco Psycho

303 Mopar

Welcome to the new site!  And I love the story on your car and that you are keeping it a /6.   :grouphug:

ec_co

Quote from: 303 Mopar on January 08, 2017, 07:35:31 AM
Welcome to the new site!  And I love the story on your car and that you are keeping it a /6.   :grouphug:

thanks D! only keeping it a /6 because (a) its all original still and not many left and (b) I promised my dad I would restore it as the /6 it was born with

however ..... you have no idea how much I admire and want your '70 AAR clone, it is a beautiful car and exactly what I would want to do with mine 100% (B5 AAR with a modern Hemi) if the above wasn't a block (maybe one day I'll do it though, I can always take it back to stock)