Main Menu

My First EBody ever...

Started by gpm6367, February 11, 2020, 05:08:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

6bblgt

Quote from: anlauto on March 21, 2020, 02:20:57 PM
Quote from: 6bblgt on March 21, 2020, 01:08:30 PM
it was a factory part originally used on 1964-'65 HEMI engined Mopars - it was and has been sold by Chrysler Corp. by their performance outlets for decades, not by the aftermarket

it is not splitting hairs - it is a factory part not an aftermarket part

Now I'm a little confused .... Are you saying the above pictured P4286900 water pump housing is an original 1964-65 Hemi part ? :huh:

the original '64 unit has a single boss for the early style alternator bracket, the part number(s) & configuration has changed more than once

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on March 21, 2020, 03:59:10 PM
It's a P-part. P428---- started much later than the 60's. It is an over the counter part available at a Chrysler dealer, it is listed in Direct Connection and Mopar Performance parts books. It is not a part that came on a lightweight Hemi back in the 60's on the assembly line.

That's what I was thinking but Dan had me confused for a bit, now I see what he's saying !
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

gpm6367

anlauto

Quote from: gpm6367 on March 21, 2020, 07:00:44 PM
Look at what I started!?!!

It's all part of the education process  :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

gpm6367

Ok educate me. Is this carb correct for a 71 383 4spd R/T? List 4668 and date is 2250 which is August 13th and my motor was assembled September 2nd and car is assembled September 8. I think the numbers line up well.

Damn is 4668 383 auto?

6bblgt

yes, 4668 is for the '71 383HP auto

e-body 383HP w/manual transmission (3 & 4-speed) without SHAKER (no N96): 4667 or 6191

gpm6367

So no shaker I need a 6191?

6bblgt

No, those are both without SHAKER (N96),
I'm not sure why there are 2 numbers for the '71 carbs  :thinking: is it early VS. late? or some other change?

anlauto

The 4668 one pictured is for an auto.

Your four speed car could have either 4667 OR 6191 as long as it doesn't have a shaker .

gpm6367

Ok so my shift pattern was siliconed on top. I need a bezel. I'd it one piece? I'm told I glue shift pattern in bezel and bezel to top of shifter. Seems like Bubba solution.

ToxicWolf

I did it by screwing a screw into the clear plastic and using the screw to pull it out with a pair of pliers. I then put in the correct five speed pattern for my trans and pushed the new clear plastic top on with my thumbs.

6bblgt

the shifter lever should have a square "knob" on the top that gets peened to hold the top bezel in place

it also appears your 4-speed top plate is not an orignal - also a "Bubba" fix

JS29

Silicone  :no: I forget how but i think there is a roll pin of something that holds it on. Check with @MoparDave  or Classic Industries, I got a kit that had handles, bezel, and pattern. Might as well get a shift boot while your at it. :alan2cents:

anlauto

gpm6367

Ok so I have no tab at top. I see.

What 4 speed top plate are you referring to?