Main Menu

New Member - My Nor Cal 71' B5 Challenger

Started by Kuuner, December 20, 2018, 07:46:16 PM

Previous topic Next topic

318Stroker

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on December 21, 2018, 07:53:18 AM
I Agree with Alan.... Only thing I see thats not 72-74 is the bumper guards...  Regardless welcome to the site..

I'm guessing it's registered as a 71?  Have you compared the number stamped into the cowl to the number on your title? 

https://www.e-bodies.org/buying-your-first-e-body/vin-numbers/e-body-vin-numbers/#cowlradvin

Bumper guards would be a correct option for a 72.

Jay Bee

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: 318Stroker on December 21, 2018, 08:02:31 AM
Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on December 21, 2018, 07:53:18 AM
I Agree with Alan.... Only thing I see thats not 72-74 is the bumper guards...  Regardless welcome to the site..

I'm guessing it's registered as a 71?  Have you compared the number stamped into the cowl to the number on your title? 

https://www.e-bodies.org/buying-your-first-e-body/vin-numbers/e-body-vin-numbers/#cowlradvin

Bumper guards would be a correct option for a 72.

I don't recall ever seeing early style guards on a 72 so I just went to Hamtramck Historical & checked dealership literature & you are correct... So another part that doesn't point to the car being a 71

anlauto

A lot of people who don't realize the sixth number in the VIN is also the model year of the car. They look at the door VIN decal and see something like Nov. 71 and figure the car is a 1971  :dunno:  I would wonder what the title says...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

71-440

Joe

Kuuner

Yeah...i struggled with identifying it too but at the end of the day, it's a 71' with a lot of non 71' details.

jimynick

Regardless of what year the car is, welcome top the site from Ontario,  :canada:   :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

anlauto

Someone like just took a 71 VIN tag and title and stuck it on a 1972 car :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JS29

daaboots

Love that blue color!

Welcome from Ottawa Ontario Canada!

7212Mopar

Welcome from NCal. It is a 72 front and back. Not sure how it came to be a 71.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

ledphoot

xx88man

There is a lot of speculation on your car...... you can usually tell if you look at the stampings on the cowl and rad support which I assume you have already done. It's possible that all the parts were pulled off of a 72 to bring a 71 back to life!?!
Keep yer foot in it

js27

Nice Ride and welcome from South Carolina.
JS27