Main Menu

New Member - My Nor Cal 71' B5 Challenger

Started by Kuuner, December 20, 2018, 07:46:16 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Kuuner

Been absent for a while...working on a different vehicle now (57 Big Window Chevy).

So, i checked cowl and radiator support numbers, and they match the title, which says its a 71'. I've concluded its just a frankenstein someone pieced back together with a combination of 72 and 71 stuff. Never had a fender tag. Did find an upholstery tag under rear seat but it didn't have build specs on what the vehicle was.

in the last year, it's been an up and down rollercoaster on this E-Body. I spent a REALLY good amount of money rebuilding the 318 (Don't ask me why...still can't make anything up that makes any sense) and now i'm going through a quart of oil every half tank. Rings are shot no doubt (I had the top rebuilt; cam, heads, etc.). I'm on my 3rd intake manifold and all cause a pooling of oil in the valley of the manifold.

Last week got the wet carpet in passenger side treatment so, sheet, now will have to take the heater box out and have the core rebuilt.

Hoping this winter i get the strength (and money) to pull the 318 out and put a 408 crate in her...hoping.

Topcat

Welcome to the site.   :welcome:

What part of Nor Cal are you from?

7E-Bodies

Welcome from Central IL. Best site ever and great people with tons of knowledge.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

cudamadd

rikkitik

From one new NorCal (Manteca) member to another, Welcome!
Really like the color, in pics it looks similar to Corvette Electron Blue. Looks great. 👍

340challconvert

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible