Main Menu

Hood Hinges for sale

Started by 70 Challenger Lover, May 24, 2020, 07:31:36 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70 Challenger Lover

Time to start thinning out parts:

1) E body front leaf spring hanger set. Original off 70 Challenger. Very nice with correct nuts. Bead blasted and coated with zinc primer. $60 for set plus shipping SOLD

2) Rallye switch panel. Earlier style. Has variable wiper switch. Dimmer switch knob is missing metal spring inside so it doesn't stay on shaft. Not tested but all knobs move freely. $225 plus shipping. SOLD

3) 72-74 Rallye gauge cluster with 8k tach but no bezel. Speedometer behaves normal at slower speeds but gets jumpy at higher ones. Needs rebuilding or replacing but odometer and trip set still work. Tach works, all gauges including ammeter tested and work. I got clock to work but I can't promise how long it will work. The clock knob is missing but the shaft and threads are intact so just needs a knob. Reset stem does move clock hands. Lens is very nice but the little clips were missing so it's held in place with screws for now. $350 plus shipping. SOLD

4) hood hinge set. One has a chewed tooth so probably will want to rebuild it. Bead blasted and primed. $40 plus shipping

70 Challenger Lover

A few shots of the cluster...

Mopar5

70 Challenger Lover

3) 72-74 Rallye gauge cluster with 8k tach but no bezel. Speedometer behaves normal at slower speeds but gets jumpy at higher ones. Needs rebuilding or replacing but odometer and trip set still work. Tach works, all gauges including ammeter tested and work. I got clock to work but I can't promise how long it will work. The clock knob is missing but the shaft and threads are intact so just needs a knob. Reset stem does move clock hands. Lens is very nice but the little clips were missing so it's held in place with screws for now.

I did not test the switches but the knobs move freely. The smaller gauges including ammeter work great. I tested them with the original voltage regulator and without. The original voltage regulator seems to work fine. I never trust them and replace them with modern ones from RT- engineering but you can run the set as is. Speedo should be repaired or replaced.

Mopar5

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: Mopar5 on May 26, 2020, 07:04:33 AM
What are you asking for the gauges?

Thought I'd shoot for $400 plus shipping. Can't see shipping being much since you're in Ca.

Matt13

Pics of the hood hinges? I'm in the east bay of California.

70 Challenger Lover

I found a similar cluster a little cheaper on eBay so I dropped the cluster price to $350 plus shipping.

@Matt13  I'll get you some pics of the hinges tonight when I get home.

Mopar5

I just noticed that the lens is 72  ,I need one for 1970.

soundcontrol

Hey, if I buy the switch panel and the cluster, will you ship to Sweden?

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: soundcontrol on May 27, 2020, 07:58:59 AM
Hey, if I buy the switch panel and the cluster, will you ship to Sweden?

Let me get you a shipping quote. It could be crazy expensive. I shipped a tiny part to Finland and it was ridiculous. In fact, it's been weeks and still hasn't arrived yet either.

70 Challenger Lover

@Matt13   here are some pics

The first hinge has nice teeth but the other one has some chewed up teeth. Works but really needs rebuilding in my opinion.

I do have a replacement (with good teeth) for the damaged one if you're willing to throw in another $20 ($60 total plus shipping). The only issue though is the replacement must be off a different year as there are a couple subtle variations. The spring is different but I'm happy to swap that out so you have the same tension. If you compare the two hinges, you see other tiny variations like an extra hole here and there but the part that touches the hood is a little bit thicker.

soundcontrol

@70 Challenger Lover, I just shipped a box with similar weight, box 22x17x11", from Austin, TX to Sweden. Was 80 bucks, not bad at all. USPS with tracking.

70 Challenger Lover

If you are okay with that, let me get you a quote on the shipping then. I'm sure I can shave the price down a bit to help you out if you are wanting both pieces.

soundcontrol

That would be great, it's actually for a good friend of mine, he is putting together a 70 Cuda V-code and have no panel at all right now. Let me know!