Main Menu

E-Body Hole Locations (Firewall, Door, Interior, ect)

Started by Cuda Cody, January 16, 2017, 09:44:35 AM

Previous topic Next topic

R4sedan

I just found this thread I'm putting my '70 Challenger together. What a great reference.

anlauto

Welcome @R4sedan  to the best E Body website in the world....we have complied a great amount of reference material, and check out our main page for all sorts of information and decoding etc... :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mrbill426

This place is great; people go all out to help you when they can  :twothumbsup:

Quote from: anlauto on July 27, 2020, 09:53:09 AM
Welcome @R4sedan  to the best E Body website in the world....we have complied a great amount of reference material, and check out our main page for all sorts of information and decoding etc... :twothumbsup:

Rbob

I wish I would have seen this before painting my firewall, I believe I have 3 holes not accounted for.

anybody recognize these circled in red holes?

anlauto

Quote from: Rbob on April 07, 2021, 09:50:00 AM
I wish I would have seen this before painting my firewall, I believe I have 3 holes not accounted for.

anybody recognize these circled in red holes?

Unfortunately those are NOT factory holes  :console:

Maybe carefully fill with something like JB Weld and touch up with orange paint  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Rbob

Well it sucks and I should have known better.  I am going to weld them up and repair/prime/repaint as required.

:headbang: :headbang:

anlauto

JS29

@Rbob  If that is base coat clear coat it should be easy to blend your repair area's. And keep your heat down.  :yes:

benguin

No luck finding it yet, but could someone post up a template/stencil for mounting washer nozzles (squirters) on an AAR repro hood?  I can get a general placement from some photos, but would like to get them accurately placed via the "measure twice, cut once" rule.

Thank you!!
  Ben

toadstool

This is a fantastic set of reference pictures, many thanks to those that contributed
70 Cuda Convertible

MKA

This site just continues to amaze.  6 weeks in scratching the surface and  :worship: every night

My 1970 challenger has an inside hood release.   I was told this was a rare option but I have no way to validate if this is original.   Can't imagine someone adding after but curious if anyone knows for sure. 

My question from the photo is my hood release cable is running through the speedo hole and the speedo cable is going through the clutch hole plug ( car is auto obviously).   Where should the hood release cable go?   I don't see it in the diagram, perhaps answering my question on originality.  I see where I can rerun the hood cable to get the speedo correct but wondering which is the "correct" hood release hole.   TIA

bldeagle1

This will be invaluable! My 72 Rallye project, while a Cali car so no real rust, came completely gutted, so this will help A LOT!!! :)
Former:
1974 Challenger, 318/727 (first car)

Current:
2016 Plum Crazy Scat Pack Shaker (Factory Ordered)
1972 Top Banana Rallye 4 Speed (in restoration)

moparroy

This might help - I came to the conclusion it goes through a hole beside the speedo cable - would be under the carpet in your pic if it is there - not all cars had it

https://forum.e-bodies.org/body-shop/5/firewall-hole-beside-speedometer-cable-1974-cuda-360-auto/21576/msg264461#msg264461

johnr

:ohyeah:   Wow!  This is an incredible resource. Way cool & Thanx for sharing.
--  johnr  --