Main Menu

E-Body Hole Locations (Firewall, Door, Interior, ect)

Started by Cuda Cody, January 16, 2017, 09:44:35 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Quote from: Topcat on November 07, 2018, 04:14:16 PM
Isn't this hole for there for the washer tube to go thru before it connects up onto the hood?
I don't think the hose goes through there, although I've heard that many times. When you close the hood with the hose going through there it get bent over pretty good restricting the flow of the washer fluid.  :alan2cents: Just my opinion.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Topcat

Quote from: anlauto on November 07, 2018, 04:35:19 PM
Quote from: Topcat on November 07, 2018, 04:14:16 PM
Isn't this hole for there for the washer tube to go thru before it connects up onto the hood?
I don't think the hose goes through there, although I've heard that many times. When you close the hood with the hose going through there it get bent over pretty good restricting the flow of the washer fluid.  :alan2cents: Just my opinion.

Exactly where I'm going with this.

I had it on the outside and the damn thing kept falling off and looking kinked.

I haven't verified if it's right or not.   :notsure:

But that hole is just screaming..."Stick your tube thru this and it won't hurt anymore"   :yes:

anlauto

The hose fell off the plastic "T" thingy ? I've never heard that before, do you have the correct size hose?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Topcat

Like it was getting pulled off when I shut the hood.

I put it thru the hole and up then a little bit of glue to help keep it there.

anlauto

Wow...I can't envision that...if it doesn't go through the hole, and there's enough slack, there shouldn't be an issue with it just going up and down with the hood... :thinking: that's a real head scratcher..... :pullinghair:

Topcat

anlauto

On the washer "T"  do you have the large inlet pointing towards the rear of the car or the front of the car ?

Topcat

Quote from: anlauto on November 07, 2018, 06:40:44 PM
On the washer "T"  do you have the large inlet pointing towards the rear of the car or the front of the car ?

Go look next time and let you know.
Probably this week-end.

Topcat

Quote from: anlauto on November 07, 2018, 06:40:44 PM

I reversed it  and it's  alright now.

usraptor

Not sure if I'm supposed to post questions on this thread; if not let me know and I'll delete.  Okay, I just went through 9 pages and couldn't find any close up pictures that show windshield washer nozzles and how and where they attach to the hood at the vents.  I've seen several distant pictures taken from the front of the car but those don't help.  The service manual isn't  any help either.  I know this shouldn't be this hard.  But my car/hood are black and it's difficult to see, even with a flashlight, how or where these darn things attach with the hood on the car.  If anybody has their hood off their car and the nozzles still in place or they can take some pics with your hood on, I'd greatly appreciate a couple of close up pictures.  Ditto, for the washer hose straps that I guess are towards the center of the hood for the passenger side tubing.  Thanks in advance.  :bigthumb:

soundcontrol

I just took the stock crashed hood off my 70 Barracuda so I stepped out and took these, sorry about the quality, but its 1 am here and pitch black. Hood is out in my yard. Let me know if you need more or different ones, I can take more tomorrow during daylight.

usraptor

Soundcontrol.  Wow 1 AM and you went out take pics.   :worship: :unbelievable: :clapping:  Thank you very much.  I think that will work.  I'll let you know if I need additional pics but hope I can figure it from here.   :notsure:

cataclysm80

Just thought this pic should be added here.
It shows the holes on the tailpanel above the tailights of a 70 Challenger, used for fastening the aluminum trim panel to an SE car, A63 molding package car, or A91 Western Sport Special car.

Mrbill426

This is really cool; thanks to the contributors!  :twothumbsup:

Carstendk

Hi, does anybody have the exact hole locations for the 440 SIXPACK emblem on the hood?