Main Menu

E-Body Hole Locations (Firewall, Door, Interior, ect)

Started by Cuda Cody, January 16, 2017, 09:44:35 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Welcome @ShadeyJones    :welcome:  The photos above that I had in an earlier page were from @cataclysm80   He did a great job identifying the hole.  If you have any more questions about the holes please feel free to post a photo and I'm sure we can help you.   :twothumbsup:

Ric

So where is the hole for the road lamp thru the firewall and where does the switch mount on a 71 cuda, didn't see it , only  saw that it was mentioned, thanks

Shane Kelley

Quote from: Ric on January 28, 2018, 09:28:50 PM
So where is the hole for the road lamp thru the firewall and where does the switch mount on a 71 cuda, didn't see it , only  saw that it was mentioned, thanks
There is a pre drilled hole in the lower dash that the switch goes through. See pic with red circle. The hole doesn't look big enough for the switch but it is.

Wire comes through firewall to the left of master cylinder. There will be a dimple there. See pic for location circled in red.

Ric

Thank you... I do have it right. Wasn't sure on a 71

cataclysm80

That is the switch location for Road Lamps with a Rallye Dash.
On cars without a Rallye Dash, I've seen the Road Lamp Switch mounted to the bottom of the switch panel.  (left of the gauges and above the heater controls)

Jim AAR

Quote from: cataclysm80 on January 31, 2018, 02:24:07 PM
On cars without a Rallye Dash, I've seen the Road Lamp Switch mounted to the bottom of the switch panel.  (left of the gauges and above the heater controls)

:iagree: I have the Standard dash and the Road Lamp switch is mounted on the underside of the H/L , Wiper, Dimmer Panel above the Heater Control switch.

Shane Kelley

Quote from: Jim AAR on January 31, 2018, 02:27:24 PM
Quote from: cataclysm80 on January 31, 2018, 02:24:07 PM

:iagree: I have the Standard dash and the Road Lamp switch is mounted on the underside of the H/L , Wiper, Dimmer Panel above the Heater Control switch.
:iagree:  Yes.  What they said. I thought about it after I posted.  :thinking:

kiphartzell

Does anyone have a good diagram showing the location of the Shaker emblems?   From what I understand, they are the same for all emblems?!?   The bubble I have does not appear to have any locating marks and it is hard to tell from pictures what the exact location is.

Cuda Cody

Welcome @kiphartzell   :welcome:  Thanks for joining us on the forum.  Are you using a factory bubble or a reproduction?

Quote from: kiphartzell on November 04, 2018, 05:07:11 PM
Does anyone have a good diagram showing the location of the Shaker emblems?   From what I understand, they are the same for all emblems?!?   The bubble I have does not appear to have any locating marks and it is hard to tell from pictures what the exact location is.

kiphartzell

It is a reproduction.  The one Six Pack Performance sells, though I don't know who is the actual manufacturer of it.   My bubble is already painted on the outside so any potential identifying hole marks are not visible.   I may know someone with an original bubble locally that I might be able to make a tracing paper template from if I can convince them to pop the emblems off.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

kiphartzell

I found out that it is a Gene Gregory bubble that I have.   Unfortunately, these have no identifying marks for where to drill the emblem holes.

Cuda Cody

Have you checked with Gene to see if he has a stencil that you can get from him that has the holes marked? 

anlauto

I would just eye ball it...nobodies going to know if you're 1/16" off  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Topcat

Isn't this hole for there for the washer tube to go thru before it connects up onto the hood?