Main Menu

E-Body Hole Locations (Firewall, Door, Interior, ect)

Started by Cuda Cody, January 16, 2017, 09:44:35 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Moparply, cuda hunter and 23 Guests are viewing this topic.

cataclysm80

Thanks for those pics of the overhead console door jamb switch location!  :)

cataclysm80

Quote from: Shane Kelley on May 09, 2017, 10:05:55 AM
If somebody can update this hole location photo it may help. Notice right above the gas pedal mount holes the large hole on blue car. That's the reverse light wiring hole on 71 Cuda. build date 10/70

Yes, that's correct.  The manual trans reverse light grommet size changed between 70 and 71, and the larger grommet was located differently on the firewall.

On this engineering diagram, Item T  is the Reverse light wiring
There is a note for F series (1970) location, and G series (1971) location.

Timbbuc2

Where is the location for the shaker  vent cable and measurements?
Get in, I'll drive

Cuda Cody

Shaker Cable hole is about 7/8" to 15/16" (hole measures .928").  It is located in the dimple where the two A/C lines would come thru the firewall.  Looking from the front of the car at the firewall it is the dimple on the left.  Some photos I saved from Scott.

Quote from: Timbbuc2 on August 07, 2017, 06:33:43 AM
Where is the location for the shaker  vent cable and measurements?

Timbbuc2

Get in, I'll drive

usraptor

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but since I'm looking for what I assume are factory holes, I thought I'd give it a try.  I checked the service manual, did a forum search here and on CC.com, did a google search and read this complete thread and haven't found the answer.  I'm in the process of installing my remote driver's side mirror.  I think I've got the routing of the cable correct as it runs behind the vertical window channel guide to the front of the door and then goes through the bracket (pic #1) and then curves back towards the hole in the door.  However, I can't find where the two plastic retaining clips (pic #2) attach.  I think one of them may go in the hole shown in picture #3, hole marked "1".  Hole "2" is too large to retain the clip.  I searched inside the door and can't find another hole for the clip to go.  Just curious if there is a purpose for the hole show in pic#4?  that is in the horizontal door brace towards the front of the door.  With it's specific shape it seems like it might have a purpose but as of now I haven't found one.

Shane Kelley

I'm not positive but I think only one plastic retainer and metal clip are used. The metal clip holds the cables to the intrusion beam and the round clip holds them at the front inside of door opposite side of hinges.  This is the only photo I have showing them. Hope this helps you.

anlauto

Your 70 won't use those white clips. You have the metal bracket in place and the cable correctly running though it. You'll be fine. Shane's picture in 71+ :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

usraptor

Thanks Shane and Alan.  It's very much appreciated.  :twothumbsup:

Cuda Cody

:iagree:  Yup, like Alan said you should be perfectly fine the way you have it.  Those brackets for the cuda / challenger e-body remote mirror cable are pretty hard to find.

HP_Cuda

Since I couldn't find this anywhere I thought I'd add it.

Add another piece to the puzzle!  :bigthumb:

Thanks,
Bryan
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Cuda Cody

ShadeyJones

Does anyone know what each hole is for on the radiator support for a E body

soundcontrol

Quote from: ShadeyJones on November 30, 2017, 11:54:32 AM

In an early post in this thread, Cody has listed all the holes in the radiator support.

Roadman

Quote from: ShadeyJones on November 30, 2017, 11:54:32 AM

welcome to the forum  :welcome: