Main Menu

West coast promo office

Started by Norwayduster, April 14, 2019, 08:59:22 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Norwayduster

Anybody know anything about this?

anlauto

That's pretty cool ... @6bblgt  Dan any thoughts ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

That's super cool.  Never seen one of those made out to the Promo Office before.   :takealook:

RUNCHARGER

Hmm: That could be for a T.V. or movie car or a car loaned to a racer. Is the car originally gold?
Sheldon

Cudino

Very cool!  Yes, I've seen that kind of document before.  As Sheldon mentioned I've seen this sort of document for cars ordered for use on TV, such as orders by Paramount studios (which in those other documents "Paramount Studios" appeared under the section "Owner's Name").  On this document the "owner" is Chrysler Corp, so this may have been ordered by Chrysler directly for some sort of public relations use. 

What is the VON#?  The VON is the sequence of digits on the fender tag to the right, on the second row up from the bottom just above the 6 digit VIN#.  I think this sequence will start with an "R". 

Any details about the car?  Sheldon's question about the color gold is a good question, and another possibility is red. 

Dan and Ola will surely be able to provide more info.

- Wade

Norwayduster

Norwayduster

Cuda Cody

6bblgt

the dealer code shown 82001 is:

Automotive Sales Group
26311 Lawrence Ave.
Center Line, MI 48015

the January 1, 1970 Rose Bowl Parade had a number white Polara convertibles for the grand marshal & others, the Polaras were scheduled mid-October 1969 (~10 weeks before the need)

this Challenger was scheduled late-November, if it wasn't for a TV-show or movie production
- anything significant public event-wise going on in CA around late-January or February 1971? Apollo 14 parade or something similar

6bblgt

& here's its twin, there were at least 2

6bblgt

courtesy cars at a professional race??

the Motor Trend 500 NASCAR race at Riverside International Raceway was January 10th

the Los Angeles Times 500 NASCAR race at Ontario Motor Speedway was February 28th - Ontario had '70 440+6 Challenger R/T convertible "pace cars" pictured below

the Questor Grand Prix Formula 1/Formula 5000 race at Ontario Motor Speedway was March 28th

Norwayduster

The door sticker say 11-70 so it must have been built in november. I do have some other papers from the car. Ill post picks after this weekend.

6bblgt

Norwayduster

Yes there is one. Ill post it after this weekend

Norwayduster