Main Menu

OEM dash pad and frame

Started by nsmall, March 30, 2017, 11:19:27 AM

Previous topic Next topic

nsmall

What would this sell for at a swap meet?  UR will give me $195 for this core, it's a friends so trying to determine what I owe him.  Does $100 sound fair?

anlauto

Ultimate rides will ONLY give you $195.00 credit off of a new pad.
At a show like Carlisle, Ultimate Rides only pays $65.00 for them outright.

If you need one for a core then a $100 investment sounds good for a $195 savings off of a new one.

If you think Ultimate Rides will give you $195 for it WITHOUT purchasing a new pad you're are sadly mistaken and the $100 doesn't sound like such a good deal :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

I've paid very little for dash pads all the way up to $125 when I have to have one and can't find one.  $100 is okay. 

nsmall

Just to clarify I was planning to buy a new Dash and I needed a core. 

I'm going to go with the one speaker option even though I have the 3 speaker option right now with covers.  I'm thinking I can get some decent money out of my metal speaker covers as their original and look great.

UR quoted me 700 bucks 6 months ago if I give him a core so I hope that's still the going price.

Now the Epic debate is if I should buy the one with the AC vents already cut out as I have the vents and maybe one day I'll add AC.    :notsure:

:thankyou:

anlauto

What's the condition of the pad you currently have ? Why not strip the speakers out and send that core to Ultimate Rides ?

The core does not have to "MATCH" what you want to buy....a core is a core is a core.....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

nsmall

My current pad has a ABS core.   It's warping near the windshield area a little bit.  I personally would never buy one of these so for anyone out there don't do it....get the metal core dash.

I'll sell mine to someone as it is good looking,  Im just too uptight to be content with it.  Plus what's another $800 at this point :haha:

No offense to Ultimate rides but I heard it's best to buy the dash directly from them on the spot as they can be a pain to work with when waiting for them to return both money or a dash.

Thanks

I was thinking of bringing my AC vents to their booth and seeing how good they fit right there on the spot to decide whether it's worth it or not.  Good idea?  Another complaint I read about is their cut outs for AC vents aren't big enough so you have to do quite a bit of work to fit them.

Cuda Cody

UR should be at Spring Fling.  So bring your core and swap it out in person.  :alan2cents: