Main Menu

V code Cuda

Started by cuda hunter, June 17, 2017, 02:54:33 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

I have drooled over the Gran Coupe that sits outside for years.  This sat behind my junior high. 
Once I was driving by and the garage was open and there sat a beautiful red V code cuda.
I stopped and snapped a few pics.  Talked to the fella for a good while.  Nice guy.
He's had it for a long time.

There may be a chance of me putting some money on this car.  Well both cars. 

Here's the deal.  Before this was a big deal he took the body from the gran coupe and put it on the V code 70. 
He still has both cars.  Both body numbers match the vins.  But the bodies are switched around. 

In order for me to get these I have to purchase both cars.  Since I don't play in the upper echelon as most of you do here I don't really have a good idea of the actual value of this V code.  Aside from expensive.

No real rust on either car.  The gran coupe is in decent shape, well, the body on the v code is the gran coupe so it was restored.  in great shape.
The body on the gran coupe is the V code and has very little rust. 
All the parts are there for both cars. 
I'm not sure if the motor is numbers matching.  don't know about tranny.  Don't know if there is a build sheet or window stickers or original paper work.

I will be having a pow wow over his cars in the near future if all goes as planned. 

Can you guys that play with these upper end cars try to give me an idea of the actual value of these cars. 

Pics in a few.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Cuda Cody

Do you have a photo of the bodies?  So that I understand it right, he has 2 Cuda's... one is the old V-Code body (with the radiator / cowl VIN's) and the other is the gran coupe.  But right now he has switched the dashes so the so that each car has the wrong dash VIN and switched the fender tags.  So the long term goal would be to restore the old V-Code body and return the dash and fender tag to it and then have a painted (most likely wrong color . options) gran coupe barracuda.  So in the end, you restore 1.5 cars and you have a real shaker V-Code cuda and a wrong color but super nice gran coupe?

What price do you think he'll want?  If you pass, I'm up for the challenger of returning this cars to their original bodies to make the right.  Or buy them both, get everything back on the gran coupe and sell me the v-code.   :bigthumb:   8)

cuda hunter

E87   -440 3 2Barrel
D32727 3 speed
BS23 Cuda
V0B     440 six pack 70 Hamtrack
FE5     rally red
H6x9    black interior
924       September 24th 1969
V1X  black vinyl top
A01  light package
A22  decor package
A32  4.10 axle package
A62  rally instrument cluster
B51  power brakes
C16 console
C55  bucket seats
G36  left hand mirror painted
J45  hood tie down pins
L31  turn signal lights fender tops
M21  drip rail molding
M25  sill molding
M31  body belt molding
M88  deck molding treatment
N41  dual exhaust
N42  bright exhaust tips
N85  tachometer
N96  carb fresh air package
R22  radio am 8 track
Y05  build to order USA
26 EN1

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: cuda hunter on June 17, 2017, 03:07:19 PM
E87   -440 3 2Barrel
D32727 3 speed
BS23 Cuda
V0B     440 six pack 70 Hamtrack
FE5     rally red
H6x9    black interior
924       September 24th 1969
V1X  black vinyl top
A01  light package
A22  decor package
A32  4.10 axle package
A62  rally instrument cluster
B51  power brakes
C16 console
C55  bucket seats
G36  left hand mirror painted
J45  hood tie down pins
L31  turn signal lights fender tops
M21  drip rail molding
M25  sill molding
M31  body belt molding
M88  deck molding treatment
N41  dual exhaust
N42  bright exhaust tips
N85  tachometer
N96  carb fresh air package
R22  radio am 8 track
Y05  build to order USA
26 EN1

What decoder did you use?  A22 Decor Pkg?  How about Rubber Bumpers....

cuda hunter

You are correct Cody. 

Bodies were switched.  He will only sell both cars as that would only be right.

If I can't afford it, I will gladly pass it along to you.  However, I have already inquired on a loan.  So I know I can purchase it.  Just not sure if I'm ready to commit that much cash.

cuda hunter

This situation could change my ideas of going to WA for an auction.

But I have been patiently working this guy for something like 20 years.

cuda hunter

cuda hunter

cuda hunter

1 Wild R/T

So the N96 Shaker hood is missing? 

cuda hunter

It does appear that way. 

These pics were taken almost ten years ago. 
The car has sat in his garage since.  He gives it regular oil changes and takes it out for a drive every few years.
Right now there are box's upon box's stacked on the car. 

I won't have more info until I have my meeting with him in the near future. 

fc7cuda

At the moment I don't see any reason not to do the deal.  You can sell the GC if you need to and focus on the Cuda.  Not many left and local deals are few and far between.  We'll miss you at the auction :drinkingbud: but I'd take your deal over going to the auction any day. :alan2cents:

Cuda Cody

@cuda hunter  might want to start using this decoder. 

http://decoder.e-bodies.org/1970-mopar-fender-tag-decoder/

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on June 17, 2017, 03:10:46 PM

What decoder did you use?  A22 Decor Pkg?  How about Rubber Bumpers....

Cuda Cody

If I had to choose between being at that auction with 1,000 other people trying to buy something cool or staying close to home and being the only one trying to buy about the coolest muscle car ever made, that is an easy decision.  Stay home and do whatever you can to own that V-Code.

You give me 1 second to buy those 2 cars and I will own em.  That is a super rare and cool V-Code.  The bonus of being able to buy two (and probably getting a deal) just adds to the excitement of buying it.  You have my word I'm a buyer on those two cars, but I would advise you to buy them first.  Deals like that do not come up very often.  If you could not reverse the body swap, I would not be interested.  It's only because you can get both cars and put them back to original that I think it's a good package to buy.

Any idea on the price?