Main Menu

V code Cuda

Started by cuda hunter, June 17, 2017, 02:54:33 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

absolutely run away if the numbers didn't match up or anything was fishy.

But the guy has had these cars for well over 25 years.  And says everything is there. 

So numbers are my number one concern.   I'm going off of what I was told by the owner of the cars.  Who I might add is no mopar slouch.  He designed his own chassis system for the ebody. 

Had a shop and sold some of his design. 

He says he has people banging on his door once a month but doesn't want to sell the cars.                        I've just been asking for so long that he remembers me as that guy. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on June 17, 2017, 05:44:08 PM
I'm not the guy to ask about value, last E body I bought was in the 90's..... I look at current prices & laugh...

It is a V code, it's supposedly numbers matching.... I'd want to crawl under & verify that before setting value but it wouldn't kill my interest if the engine/trans didn't match.... I would need the body numbers to be what they need to be... I would like to look for build sheets...  Is the 4:10 Dana still there?

If the bodies were swapped where did the A/C dash pad come from?  Cause if it came from the 71 GC then why is the firewall non-A/C..

Thanks that's exactly what I need to know about this car.  Even off the few pics I took years ago.  I can't spot all this stuff and I need your help to list what I need to take note of when I have my one shot at them again.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

1 Wild R/T

J45 Hood Pins are still on the purple car.. As is the 70 steering column.... Power Windows, Woodgrain GC trim so probably leather interior...  They are both cool cars but you need to pay attention to figure out what alls been swapped & what belongs...

ec_co

only @ 865ish 440 6 pack autos in '70. I didn't see (or missed) the drivetrain for the '71 GC .. @1330 total GCs in '71 .... 1020ish of those were 318 autos
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

cuda hunter

Not a lot of V code 70s made then.

I don't know the details on the Gran Coupe.  It wasn't my concern while I was drooling on the V.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: cuda hunter on June 18, 2017, 06:48:28 AM
Not a lot of V code 70s made then.

I don't know the details on the Gran Coupe.  It wasn't my concern while I was drooling on the V.

What? Are you becoming an E body snob? :haha: 

cuda hunter

gotta work my way up there some how :wave: :rofl:

anlauto

Member @Desmond  sold this V code sold for around $49K USD last year or so.... http://www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com/B7Bomber.html

I'm guessing these TWO cars are out of your price range....Maybe $55K-$65K for the pair. :alan2cents:

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

CudaTime

I am sure there is a long line of people that would and will buy these cars.
Me being one of them as well.
I would not waste any time, feel the guy out. ask him what its going to take to buy them and give him some cash...here.. :takemymoney:
Is the Gran Coupe a purple car to boot?  :1place:wow, that's just icing on the cake.  :1place:
Get them, before they are gone! :bigmoney: :bigmoney: :bigmoney:

HP_Cuda

I wouldn't even bother about talking price till I saw that all of Humpty Dumpty could be back together again.

I suspect you will find things missing which will cost a pretty penny.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Shoooter

I'm not sure on pricing at all as they seem to be all over lately.  But you nees to start somewhere on a price. Talk with him and see what all is missing. I would assume the 71 is worth 10 and the v code would be 30 in there state. As I'm sure the owner will factor in the time of switching them back to there original bodies. You can always go up in price. 

I would skip the auction  just to hang out and look at these cars! These might be more than you want to spend but you can always sell the 71 after you swapped them back....i would be intresred in the 71 if it came up

cuda hunter

40K is what is in my head at this point. 

Just waiting on getting my date to go check them out.   :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:  The wait is killing me.

IMNCARN82

Gonna take more than 40...     :alan2cents:      At this stage those are a retirement fund.    Butt good luck CH !!! 

R/T
round tail lights forever !!

Cuda Cody

With what work has to be done, I think $40k is more then fair.  If they had not had the VIN's swapped on the bodies I could see it being more, but there's a bit of work to bring those cars back to their full potential.  And the more I think about the work that needs to be done, maybe $40K is strong.  They are not "true" projects, but you have to restore one cart for sure and maybe both to get them both back to their true value.

EV2RTSE

Definitely need to look everything over really carefully to see what's what. But if everything checks out to make both cars whole again the 71 IMO looks to be in the 10-15 range and the 70 if in fact a real shaker car I would guess to be somewhere around 35-40.