Main Menu

What do you think guys.... 71 AMC Javelin....

Started by Brads70, August 03, 2017, 04:14:15 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

That is just wrong , Your partner should be supportive & respect your passion not stand in the way of it .  I can see if it was hurting your family finacially by buying it but that is not the case . There is no positive side to this it just creates frustration resentment & tension .
I agree you should have bought it even if you had to store somewhere else for a while . I am surprised you are allowed to build the shop how can that be positive in her mind either ?

blown motor

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on August 12, 2017, 02:19:59 PM
That is just wrong , Your partner should be supportive & respect your passion not stand in the way of it .  I can see if it was hurting your family finacially by buying it but that is not the case . There is no positive side to this it just creates frustration resentment & tension .
I agree you should have bought it even if you had to store somewhere else for a while . I am surprised you are allowed to build the shop how can that be positive in her mind either ?

I agree with your first comment CP but buying it and storing it would only cause the same problem later, or worse.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Chryco Psycho

I know !
I just cannot see any upside to this way of thinking

blown motor

That's so true. Wife and I had very different interests but we never stood in each other's way.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Roadman

Maybe she wants to ride.    :notsure:

Topcat

I don't want to come across as stereotyping:

However many Women look at old cars like they are old appliances.

She did too until it was done and I took her out in it.
Now she wants to go on rides over to the coast once the tourist season is over in Fall till Spring.

Buying an old car to many women compares to this...
"What?" "You bought an old refrigerator?"   :deadhorse:

(We need a Doghouse emoticon)   @Cuda Cody

dodj

My wife has made the comment once or twice that I should pick up another project to do. Another Challenger, or 'cuda, or charger, or any brand of old truck. BUT, she is dead set against Javelin's. Maybe girls just don't like Javelins?!?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Brads70

Quote from: dodj on August 12, 2017, 04:42:57 AM
Should be able to build that 26x40 shop without too much difficulty now....... :)

not so sure.....  why bother for one car. Now she wants to move??

Rev-It-Up

Quote from: dodj on August 13, 2017, 05:13:37 AM
Maybe girls just don't like Javelins?!?

I love Javelins! I always thought they were one of the coolest cars around. Sorry it didn't work out Brad!
Rev-It-Up

cudajunction

You know how many cars Tom has gotten my "permission" on?  Zero.  It really grates against my nerves when if it is not spending the rent money, it is a hassle to buy a car somebody loves and wants.

I really wish he would have bought the E body 340+6 car rather than the 63 Polara, but it was his call.  His mistake IMHO.   :unbelievable:

/rant

Chryco Psycho

:iagree: Totally  & well said
Why stop someone from doing what they do if they are not causing financial ruin ?

A.Gramz

HP_Cuda

Not a bad starting point, unless you really care about the year.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Roadman

Brads70

Any guesses what the seller wants for this one?
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1300108451&requestSource=b

Long shot but I messaged him asking what he wants for it. My guess is more than I have to spend? Green interior has got to go though. Puke! ( What happened to the puke emojo? )