Main Menu

What do you think guys.... 71 AMC Javelin....

Started by Brads70, August 03, 2017, 04:14:15 PM

Previous topic Next topic

nsmall

Brad, keep us posted.  This is better than TV.  I am excited to see what you do.  Its so much cheaper than 7k maybe you could flip it if  you decide its not what you want?

Chryco Psycho

If he buys it I doubt it will ever be for sale again , but it will get a transformation as the Challenger has

Brads70

6bblgt

only thing that car is missing - license plates!  :banana:

nsmall

I could totally see you in that.  Between the rims and front end...it has Brad written all over it.

700 AKN

When is your birthday Brad?  If you do not buy this Javelin then I will and when your birthday comes up I'll just give it to you.

I'll just store it at my fathers farm until you want it.  I could start a donation thread on the forum for other members to chip in some green if they want to help out.
Just an idea until your shop is built.   I know money is not the issue because you have plenty for the car but I think we all want to see you get this Javelin.  Just hope your wife gives you the OK!

:)

Brads70

Quote from: 700 AKN on August 06, 2017, 10:26:52 PM

When is your birthday Brad?  If you do not buy this Javelin then I will and when your birthday comes up I'll just give it to you.

I'll just store it at my fathers farm until you want it.  I could start a donation thread on the forum for other members to chip in some green if they want to help out.
Just an idea until your shop is built.   I know money is not the issue because you have plenty for the car but I think we all want to see you get this Javelin.  Just hope your wife gives you the OK!

:)

:)  Thanks but not necessary. I have the money sitting here for the car. The wife is the issue. In her mind I'm lucky to have one car. Which I understand and she is right to a point. But what she is not seeing is one.... this is my passion, it's what I do, second 20 years from now 4 k is going to seem like peanuts. Meaning it is a type of investment. Sure there might be better ways to invest money that give better returns but for me personally looking at a piece of paper with numbers on it that may or may not get bigger every month does not excite me like getting my hands dirty and creating something out of a rusty mess that I get to enjoy and drive . She still see's it as a " car that we don't need" hence my dilemma  but still working on her.... I'm not throwing in the towel yet!  :D
When I bought the Challenger I won it on E-Bay . My mother had passed away and left me a little nest egg. I paid off the house bought the Suburban and a new travel trailer and with the rest bought the Challenger. I had been bidding on them 99% for entertainment purposes. I'd get outbid in minutes as they would always go for more money than I had. . I had a BB Buick Grand National clone at the time I had built and was looking for parts for it when I stumbled across the Challenger.  So I bid on it like I had done with countless others. Well to make a long story short I would come home from work everyday and check E-Bay and I was still the only bidder. I didn't get to excited until the last day of the auction  when I was still the only bidder.  I watched the timer count down at midnight thinking OK someone please bid on this but I was the winner and only bidder. I was shocked! To make matters seemingly " worse" the car was in Stockton California over 4000KM away. I kinda winced when I told her " ah honey I just bought a car"   YOU DID WHAT!  was her reply or something similar...  She was quite upset that I had bought it with out so much as talking to her about it. I get that.... my bad.  :-[   But I really didn't think I had a snowballs chance in hell of getting it.
It could have turned out very badly as I had only seen like 4 pictures of my car. Could have been a rot box or worse ,NOT how any sane person would buy a car for sure! "Someone" was looking out for me!  So I paid I think it was $2700 to ship it to me from CA  and was very relived when it finally came to find a nice typical rust free CA car. I couldn't get over with just a wrench cracking the original brake lines and replacing the rubber flex lines! 2-3 years around here on a new car and lines are rotted! It could use a trunk pan and drop offs but I'll do that someday..... too busy driving/enjoying it now!
Anyhow .... now you can understand why she is so " not into " this purposed project?

RusTy/SE

Brad, I think you should go for it even though I can feel the Hairy Eyeball from your wife all the way down here.  Unlike myself, you have some mad skills which will make it that much more fun for you.

Carpe Javelin :D
JS29U0B

There are no traffic jams along the extra mile - Roger Staubach

ec_co

Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Brads70

Quote from: ec_co on August 07, 2017, 11:22:00 AM
they make minilite repros now too ......

That's the thing..... I already have a set of them . They are on Ians car ! ( Jimynick)  :D

Brads70

Spent the day doing " honey do" list items, hung new shutters , mowed the lawn, cut down a tree, various yard work....  :rofl:   She is giving me " that look" ..... she knows where this is headed. :)

Roadman

Now a candle light dinner, nice bottle of wine.   Next thing ya know, AMC   :stayinlane:

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Brads70

Quote from: Roadman on August 07, 2017, 03:58:30 PM
            Now a candle light dinner, nice bottle of wine.   Next thing ya know, AMC   :stayinlane:

I BBQ'ed a nice steak dinner and fresh corn on the cob.....  :))

Chryco Psycho

Si we buy it so it doesn't get away & like you say store it somewhere safe .......................