Main Menu

What do you think guys.... 71 AMC Javelin....

Started by Brads70, August 03, 2017, 04:14:15 PM

Previous topic Next topic

IRON MAN

Don't forget to get the gas pump. Our AMCs get terrible mpg. :crazytalk:

Brads70

Dragged home a 73 AMX for a parts car today. New ( not rebuilt) dealer installed 401 with ( seller says?) 5000 miles on it, lots of AMX goodies to sell off , even came with an extra AMX rear spoiler NOS in the wrapper still.  I'll use , quarter windows, rear window, door mechanism as mine is wonkie ? maybe rear end ( has AMC 20 rear end) wiper arms, dash parts, console etc.....
Great score I figure I'll sell off a bunch of stuff I don't need and likely double my money and get my parts for free?
SCORE!  :banana:

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

anlauto

Quote from: Brads70 on November 07, 2018, 04:56:48 PM
Quote from: anlauto on November 07, 2018, 04:10:24 PM
What's a parts car AMX worth $7500 ?
No LOL paid 1k for it.

REALLY ?...Holy crap that's awesome :bravo:  I was thinking because of the rarity of the cars and usually the parts are expensive....I thought you would have to pay a lot more....Congratulations on a steal of a deal ! You'll probably double or even triple on the sale of the extra parts  :bigmoney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Chryco Psycho

Congrats on getting it , lots you can use from that for the Donohue car !!

Brads70

Quote from: anlauto on November 07, 2018, 05:00:57 PM
Quote from: Brads70 on November 07, 2018, 04:56:48 PM
Quote from: anlauto on November 07, 2018, 04:10:24 PM
What's a parts car AMX worth $7500 ?
No LOL paid 1k for it.

REALLY ?...Holy crap that's awesome :bravo:  I was thinking because of the rarity of the cars and usually the parts are expensive....I thought you would have to pay a lot more....Congratulations on a steal of a deal ! You'll probably double or even triple on the sale of the extra parts  :bigmoney:
Thanks , ya I agree I'm pretty happy with this deal. Can't wait to pull the engine and see if it's a service block or a regular 401 block. Service blocks go for stupid money.  I started on pulling the grill tonight but it got dark..... the plastic grill is in great shape( they are usually broken) and it also goes for crazy money and I don't need it for my build. Everything sheet metal is trashed/rusted out no surprise there being an Ontario car. Owner had it since 1978, I sympathized with him as we towed it away . He said it was hard to watch it go.I get that.  I told him when I get it all on the road I'll swing by and take him for a spin and that I'll do my best to make every usable part find a home to make others live. He smiled and thought that was great!  Gotta love " car people" they are the best!

RUNCHARGER

That's a great find. No way it was ever going back on the road.
Sheldon

303 Mopar

Topcat

Brads70

Quote from: Topcat on November 08, 2018, 03:15:30 PM
@Brads70

Anymore pics of this Donor car?    :takepicture:
I finished work earlier than expected so I started stripping it today. My youngest son helped for a while too. That was fun! Great way for him to learn. I'd think it was a pretty nice looking car when it was new, white with a white vinyl top. Interior is almost completely out , just a little bit more on the dash. ( most of the dash is out, it has the AMX gauges , I'll be selling those as I'll go Speedhut again with this build) Even has a tilt steering column !   I'm thinking I'll call a few guys I know and see if they want the body panels for a circle track car? There is a new series up her called the "Hot Rod series and bodys must be stock steel and  I think 76 and older. I think it would be cool to reuse as much as possible. I put a socket wrench on the crank pulley bolt today and it does turn over so thats cool! Mice got into the car and made a bit of a mess but hey thats what you get gutting and old car! I'm really not much of a fan of that Pierre Cardin interior( Must be a Canadian aversion to the name Pierre PUKE! lol ) but it's popular with some of the AMC crowd so I'll try and sell it off too!   Here are a few pictures from today. 

IRON MAN

Brad, At this point, I'd say you did FANTASTIC! The 401 forged crankshaft is  $1000.00 + itself. The 401 bare blocks start at $500.

BTW, Pretty easy to tell if it is a service block. There will be no cu. in. size on the side of the block...the pad will be somewhat smooth. You probably already knew that. Should be able to tell by putting it on a lift. Great find.

anlauto

I'm just throwing it out there...but you could easily sell the interior for more then you paid for the car I bet...it looks to be in great shape :drooling: and very rare too :bigmoney:

Brads70

Quote from: anlauto on November 08, 2018, 04:38:02 PM
I'm just throwing it out there...but you could easily sell the interior for more then you paid for the car I bet...it looks to be in great shape :drooling: and very rare too :bigmoney:

That would be sweet but I'm not holding my breath? I just asked on the AMC forum I belong to so we'll see what they say?
I did find this on it though... Mine is 1 of 300?  To bad it's so rotten.
"  Only 4,152 Pierre Cardin AMCs were made by American Motors from 1972 to 1974, with the majority of them Javelins. I estimate that there were fewer than 300 AMXs produced with Pierre Cardin "W" code interior."

Cudajason

Wow good deal on the car.

Too bad it is so rotted...I would love that car.  I think the interior is cool...ok well not cool, but unique is a good way.

Jason

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.