Main Menu

What do you think guys.... 71 AMC Javelin....

Started by Brads70, August 03, 2017, 04:14:15 PM

Previous topic Next topic

YellowThumper

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

jimynick

The gauges look awesome Brad! You mentioned that you'd painted the engine bay and then never showed us any pics? How about some of the car overall, as well?  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Brads70

Quote from: jimynick on January 26, 2021, 07:14:52 PM
The gauges look awesome Brad! You mentioned that you'd painted the engine bay and then never showed us any pics? How about some of the car overall, as well?  :bigthumb:

I haven't been able to do much, crazy busy with work and too cold outside at the moment so nothing more new to photograph. Pictures of the car are on page 17 of this thread when I first brought it home, still looks the same except for I changed the rims to the ones you were using.

jimynick

Good to hear you're keeping busy buddy! The car looks great and I'm guessing you'll be driving it this summer? If I ever get my old heap back together maybe we can call Murray and have a coffee/sandwich somewhere if the covid police stand down a wee bit. As usual, you do fabulous quality work.  :twothumbsup:
PS- thanks again for the use of your wheels, I don't know when I'd've gotten the Challenger on the road if not for you and your kindness!  :thankyou:

Cudajason

Quote from: jimynick on January 27, 2021, 07:54:34 PM
Good to hear you're keeping busy buddy! The car looks great and I'm guessing you'll be driving it this summer? If I ever get my old heap back together maybe we can call Murray and have a coffee/sandwich somewhere if the covid police stand down a wee bit. As usual, you do fabulous quality work.  :twothumbsup:
PS- thanks again for the use of your wheels, I don't know when I'd've gotten the Challenger on the road if not for you and your kindness!  :thankyou:

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

:notsure: :notsure:
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

blown motor

Quote from: Cudajason on January 28, 2021, 07:20:44 AM

:haha: :haha: :haha: I was thinking that too!
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Cudajason

Quote from: blown motor on January 28, 2021, 01:17:59 PM
Quote from: Cudajason on January 28, 2021, 07:20:44 AM

:haha: :haha: :haha: I was thinking that too!

Thank you sir!!!   :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

jimynick

Sorry boys, it wasn't meant to be a whine, just an honest observation. If it hadn't been for Brad's kindness, I would not have got my car on the road in time to make my old boys reunion. Simple fact.  :P   :cheers:

Brads70

Quote from: jimynick on January 28, 2021, 07:56:40 PM
Sorry boys, it wasn't meant to be a whine, just an honest observation. If it hadn't been for Brad's kindness, I would not have got my car on the road in time to make my old boys reunion. Simple fact.  :P   :cheers:

I think Jason was meaning he was not included? :)

Cudajason

Quote from: Brads70 on January 29, 2021, 05:06:23 AM
Quote from: jimynick on January 28, 2021, 07:56:40 PM

I think Jason was meaning he was not included? :)

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

:grouphug:

jimynick

Aaahhhh! Mea culpa! And, you're right! sorry Jas, no offence meant, and you'd certainly be invited- if we ever get to do it! Brad could load us all in the Javelin and we could "tour" lovely, scenic Barrie, eh Brad? LOL   :cheers:

Brads70

Man snow sure went quick about 3 feet in a few days!  So today it was pretty warm so I pushed it out of the garage , pulled the dash, pedals, steering column and heater box . I then test fitted the clutch pedal set up and it fits good. Next is the Vintage Air , shoe horning that under the dash will require some "cutting and pasting" I'll have to cut out part of the firewall and box it in to fit it as Javelin dashes are very narrow on the passenger side goes down to 6" at one point. Also adding a M/C for a hyd clutch set up . Had to vacate the original fuse box and all the plug in's from the firewall to do it but the wiring is a mess and needs all to be replaced anyhow. Most of the connector plugs were so brittle they broke apart when I tried to unplug them. Going with a simple " hotrod" type modern fuse box and wiring kit , cheap and easy....

Chryco Psycho

Cool stuff , great that you can be working on it again  :cooldance:

dodj

In high school a friend of mine had a Javelin (don't remember the year), that pic of the dash reminded me of how curved the speedo was. Cool.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill