Main Menu

WiW '71 Challenger N-code GA4

Started by ec_co, September 29, 2017, 06:53:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

autoxcuda

Quote from: anlauto on September 30, 2017, 09:22:36 AM
It would be a weird thing to "add"  :huh:

Ive seen many for sale over the years.

I've got another pic of one on the tag somewhere. Also N-code JH car...rally gauge, EL5, column shift.

Here's another one with it on the tag (he lists the tag decide): http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/57834/help-with-71-challenger-options-a78-formal-roof.html
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

ec_co

Quote from: autoxcuda on September 30, 2017, 09:08:48 AM
Quote from: anlauto on September 30, 2017, 08:37:00 AM
Quote from: RUNCHARGER on September 30, 2017, 07:37:57 AM
I agree that matching #'s will help the price. I agree with Alan's $15k ballpark though, the colour and engine option help it a lot and it looks to be a solid Co. car. I guess A78 is a sheet only code?

I was wondering about the A78 too :thinking:

It's on the tag

Plug has been added.

Here it is on a tag on another car

possible difference in production dates? that tag is an early '71 build, the one I posted is towards the end of the '71 production run. maybe they had stopped using it?? don't know. he said it was in the car when he got it (pre-body and paint work)
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

6bblgt

options & accessories are added and removed from cars over their 45+ years being kicked around

it has been added - not an original A78 "formal roof car

fender tag would also have C26 for the overhead console if they were original

ec_co

Quote from: 6bblgt on September 30, 2017, 10:44:36 AM
options & accessories are added and removed from cars over their 45+ years being kicked around

it has been added - not an original A78 "formal roof car

fender tag would also have C26 for the overhead console if they were original

excellent info!! so it sounds like it is a standard (non-SE, non-RT) 383/auto based on the tag data

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

6bblgt

Quote from: ec_co on September 30, 2017, 10:46:38 AM
..... so it sounds like it is a standard (non-SE, non-RT) 383/auto based on the tag data

correct  -  roughly 1 of 412  -  1971 Challengers with 383HP 4bbl & automatic

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

nsmall

Winchester grey.  Absolutely love the color.   It's vintage yet incredibly modern. 

RUNCHARGER

Is he going to list the car here Ec co?
Sheldon

ec_co

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on October 07, 2017, 09:33:25 AM
Is he going to list the car here Ec co?

It is currently available 100%, I'm just running it past a couple locals first (quick/easy) and I'll probably post the rest of the details in for sale early next week. IMO it is a good project priced nicely to move

ec_co

I'm heading over there this weekend to try and verify if matching #s or not + get a video. once I get those pics, I'll put an official 'for sale' post up + it will go to craigslist (no fleabay at this time). current price before knowing if matching #s is $14k firm to my e-bodies crew (craigslist will start at $18k to account for haggling). if you like the price and matching #s isn't a concern, call me sooner 720-592-8740 - Cole. if we verify matching #s he'll want a another grand or two on top.

all parts he has will go with it, including the TA spoiler and other misc parts (some are dupes like the seats, some probably don't belong to this car like the spoiler) + his project book with pics and receipts. he says he has @ $30k into it including original cost of the vehicle.

MoparJunkie

Looks like an excellent start to a project. I didn't know not all 383 4bbl cars weren't R/Ts, interesting! In hindsight I wished I would have saved a bit more and got a more "complete" project like this one. Looks great and one of the more desirable factory colors too! Sucks he has $30k invested and is going to get only half of that back!

nsmall

:iagree:

Yet he is not the only one to get 1/2.  I would be in that camp too as are many others....so I suspect.

I'm like this project a lot.  Good luck.

MoparJunkie

Quote from: nsmall on October 13, 2017, 11:47:33 AM
:iagree:

Yet he is not the only one to get 1/2.  I would be in that camp too as are many others....so I suspect.

I'm like this project a lot.  Good luck.

I think with an unfinished project you end up losing out more so than a finished one. I haven't done the math yet on my own project. I know I'd be out money too once done, but I have no intention of selling so it doesn't matter to me lol.

RzeroB

Love GA4 ... it's almost chameleon like in how it sometimes looks gray and other times looks blue.

What's with the right front corner of the car "drooping" down so low?? Torsion bar backed off or removed?? Just as long as the torsion bar socket in the crossmember isn't somehow dorked up, it looks pretty decent.
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)